1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butch vs femme mindset

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxaquaxx, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Haim

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am generally attracted to girls that look more femme or tomboy femme and appearance wise would fall probably between those two groups myself, maybe closer to femme.

Independently of that generally the people I have had crushes on aren't ultra femme, but neither am I. I just did the quiz and also got Androgyne. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 3rd May 2015 at 12:19 AM ----------

I actually thought the description for my results was surprisingly accurate. :lol:

2. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, really? Good for you :icon_bigg :lol:

3. Lipstick Leuger

No offense was taken.:kiss:

I just felt that I didn't explain very clearly and was trying to make sense for people of a younger generation.

BTW, a Butch friend of mine recently posted that hy read an article about Butches and Femme realtionships 'no longer exist and stopped existing in 1992' *facepalm* I'm a dinosaur!:lol:

4. clambumping

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I think I fall between androgynous and soft butch. And while I love femme girls, there is something so alluring to me about butch women I can't place. And they're fantastic in bed. Not the main point though.

I noticed that the femme/butch dichotomy is a way to navigate lesbian dating via heterosexual tactics. The femme girl meets the societal expectations of the woman and the butch girl of the man. For example, you'd expect a more masculine girl to be the one to chase you, ask you out, pay for dates, be the "provider" and the femme girl to play coy or the pursued and be the provided for. This can also effect the bedroom roles. Butch girl is dominant and the pleaser, femme girl is the subordinate and the pleased.

To me, frankly, that segregation is terrifying. We do not have to mimic heterosexuality, ladies!! I've had butch girls interested in me apologize for hitting on me, because we're both masculine presenting. It's like being the gay of the gays! It's so bizarre really, and I hate that being in a relationship with a femme girl and being with a butch girl feels different, like I have to act in roles.

ANYWAY, my point is girls that only date the opposite end of the butch/andrgyne/femme spectrum are possibly intimidated by the lack of roles.

Or atleast that's how I see it.