problem with mom.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by matt1994, Feb 17, 2015.

1. matt1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I sorta technically came out out a year ago to mom. When my ex who I was forced in to relationship because he threatened to tell family I was gay .outed me when I left him because couldn't deal with his bs . . Well that's been about a year ago and my Mom acted like everyone just played a horrible joke on her. Although she says. I'm not allowed to live with her. So I live with grandparents who are also extremely homophobic. Well I been trying to reconnect with mom. A couple days ago ,i tried talking to my mom . Well she brought up bible and then eventually it lead to a conversation about homosexuality. An she basically said how it a abomination and unnatural and basically did a lot of hardcore bashing. Which honestly. Made me really emotional on the phone and I knew she could tell I was upset but she kept on doing it. I just not really sure what to do. I mean I feel like she knows but maybe in denial because she hasn't told anybody. And I just don't understand what game she is playing. I keep trying to open up to her but she always end up bringing up bible in someway... and honestly when ever talk to her makes me feel worse. My sisters also told her a year ago I was gay. I guess I'm only one who hasn't technically told her because every time the conversation comes up she makes me feel like shit. What should I do. I'm scared my mom just going to snap one day and let everything come out to grandparents. And I'm not fully able to support my self on own. Any advice?? Not sure if this would be right place to post. Is there any way I can handle her response and keep her calm

#1 matt1994, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear sir

The troubles your ex and your mother are more than any man should bare. As for what you ask, parents can be a very tricky situation because there isn't a set way they can react. Everyone's parents reacted in a different way. I have to ask if your parents are conservative, because they sure sound like it. Denial is something everyone over comes, it's inevitable. However how long that takes can vary. If your worried about being kicked out alone then find a close friend you can hang with. I shall answer any questions I didn't answer or any other questions you might have.

My deepest love
    -The King of The Baltic

3. matt1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes my parents are veryconservative conservative. Growing up with them really sucked. They are full southern red neck bible thumpers lol. I'm just not sure what to do about them.

Due to recent moving with grandparents. I don't really have any friends,. I'm able to turn to I'm honestly like isolated from people besides the people I see at part time job.And the granddaughters of my grandparents friends who they keep trying to hook me up with co because they apparently are good southern church going people.but my grandparents always been like that. I know they don't suspect anything. Its just annoying as hell. However. I do have a car in my name.Its just my mom has always been a ticking time bomb and it's just really raising my anxiety not knowing what she gonna do.And what's going to happen.

#3 matt1994, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the time being it might be best to avoid any deep conversations with your Mom as she is clearly angry and unwilling to look at the situation with any sort of reason. While she is fixated with the idea that your sexuality is unnatural and an abomination, you are not going to be able to connect with her in a meaningful way and more heated conversations are likely.

It must feel like you are walking on eggshells, but I would advise you to keep things fairly low key until you are able to live independently. I don't know how long that might be, but if you need to remain connected to LGBT people we are all here for you.

Your Mom may come round eventually, but it would be best to leave her to do it in her own time. Unfortunately, none of us can hasten the process of parental acceptance.

5. matt1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do feel like walking on egg shells it's very nerve wracking. I'm scared I'm going to say wrong thing or do wrong thing. I been trying to avoid talking to her but now she is calling my grandparents more. Which is makingv me more nervous then talking to her. Not sure what she wants me to do to appease her and not sure what to do with myself. Because all I can think of getting kicked out and becoming homeless lately it's even starting to invade my dreams. I feel like I'm getting depressed because I feel like have no options or escape at moment. And not knowing ever whet to expect driving me up the wall.

6. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dearest sir

I ask that you stop what your doing right now and breathe. My dear friend I wish I could be there to pick you up of your tattered knees. I wish I could tell your mother to get her mind straight. Alas I can not, but what I can to is tell you that no matter what troubles you go through there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. If you need anything, I will do all I can to help you.

My love and greatest hopes
    -The King of The Baltic