1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much GUILT do/have you feel over your LGBT issues?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Feb 2, 2015.

?

How much GUILT do/have you feel over your LGBT issues?

1. A LOT

24.4%
  2. A FAIR amount.

15.6%
  3. A LITTTLE

20.0%
  4. None at all.

40.0%
  1. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not guilty because of my sexuality

2. Poster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel guilty about not telling my family, even though I know they would be fine with it. I overcompensate by cooking for them.

3. lunar lilac

Do I feel guilty for being trans? Heck yes. But I also consciously realize this is a silly feeling. My transness has been met with varying levels of resistance but mostly my dad planted the toxic idea that I've got to earn my gender and (of course) that's the thing I internalized.

Do I feel guilty for not having my sexuality figured out? Heck yes. I have a feeling I should know this is silly but... I don't. Most of my friends either act very secure or it just hasn't come up. I feel very left behind for not having it pinned down that well. I'm trying to not label it and just accept how it is in the moment but it's not easy.

Do I feel guilty for being gay w/r/t romance? Heck no. Not even the gender issues make me feel less romantically gay. No boys allowed in my heart and that's okay.

4. CrazyAwkward

I felt a little guilty at one point. Maybe I still do? When I came out to my dad, even when he came around at the end of the conversation and hugged me and said everything was ok, he still sounded disappointed. Like I was letting him down for not being what he expected me to be. Even though I know I shouldn't feel bad about being who I am, I guess there is still a little part of me that does feel bad for causing that disappointment.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They angered me more so than having caused me guilt. I don't know how and if anger and guilt are related. I suppose they could be. I am no longer practicing my religion because I think it's their mindset that is full of crap. Maybe they should look at the many, many variables involved rather than their own strict dogma. Who needs the negativity?

6. C P

C P

I voted a lot, but it floats between that and just a fair amount. I hope I can get it down to less than that eventually I guess, though maybe not for a long while.

If my eyes get focused on a guy, particularly one I may see occasionally/often enough, and I feel like I've been 'caught'(in a sense where they have a look like they may -know- why I'm actually looking at them; even though sometimes I'm probably just being paranoid), I tend to feel shitty, as if I'm doing something wrong by simply finding them (really) cute. It got me one time to where I found out this guy had a girlfriend(and so wrote him off as straight because that tends to make them no longer 'interesting') and I pretty much took his vague glances back as a straight guy who was being made uncomfortable; I pretty much cried my eyes out that weekend, which was something that hadn't happened before...it was different.

It's really telling how personal this area can be because I usually have a dgaf attitude otherwise when it comes to how others may view me.

I've been through with religion for a long time(for my own reasons), so it's less that and more to do with said religious people. For the average religious person I don't give a shit but I also grew up in a church or two and have numerous people I practically consider(ed) family, so to hear their views about what they think of me(indirectly), yeah... On top of that, you can add all the homophobic shit my biological family spouts on a daily basis...not exactly fun.

This is one of the reasons why I like being on a site like this. Although I still can be flip-floppy, I gain some comfort every now and then to express my...male interests(by seeing guys talk about guys and girls talk about girls, etc.). I don't have anyone to talk to offline about it, so...

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I voted 'A LITTLE'.

I don't have very much guilty, if any at all, about my sexuality. Again, I like being able to, potentially, find anybody attractive and desirable. I think that's pretty cool and convenient, for the most part.

Now, where the 'little' guilt comes in, is being transgender. Ideally, I would love to transition, but several factors are making this difficult -- all of which are solvable, but they will take time, and by then, I would feel like I have wasted more time on that, as opposed to the more significantly universal aspects, like intelligence, strength, and growing as a person. This includes mingling with others, and instilling in them friendship and value.

I feel slightly selfish, because I'm tempted to just say 'fuck it', deal with what I was given, and go from there, but I haven't.

8. hiddenxrainbows

I totally understand both of those! I think I feel a little guilty for looking at other women as well, like I'm just making them uncomfortable or something...
    And that's how I feel about religion. I don't feel guilty because of the religion, but how the religious people in my life think about the LGBT community. Cuz they don't know I am part of it, but they say some pretty horrible things about them. So to hear them indirectly talk like that about ME hurts.

Like I just said to C P, it's more of what the religious people (indirectly) think of me than the religion itself. Because I don't follow any religion now either, because of what most of them think about the LGBT community. It just hurts hearing the religious people I know talk crap about the LGBT community, since I'm a part of it. Even if they don't know

9. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel a lot of guilt. I have a ton of homophobic family members, and when I come out things are going to change a lot. I'm afraid of losing friends in addition to that, and I find myself wishing I could just be straight so I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of thing.