Do You Have A Tattoo? Would You Get One?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Jan 22, 2015.

1. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have three, a cross with ivy growing out of it, three nail covered with blood, and the crown of thorns around my arm

2. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking of getting four tattoos but I can't get them before I'm 18 because my mom said she'd kick me out ^.^

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I give this advice to everyone I see looking to get their first ink (or even second, third, etc.)

If you see a picture, phrase, whatever, that you think would make a neat tattoo, print it out and put it up somewhere where you will see it everyday. If, after about a month, you've not get gotten tired of it, then it'd be okay for you to get as a permanent marking on your body. As for placement, that is entirely up to you. But if you're really unsure, then speak to your intended artist. They work with tattoos all day every day, and will be able to advise you on placement, amount of pain involved, etc. They don't normally tattoo on the hands, for example, especially the insides of the fingers, due to the amount of rubbing the tattoo will endure. You also need to keep in mind that not all workplaces are pro-tats. So placement will definitely play a huge role in whether or not you get hired. I have 3 tattoos, one on my inner forearm, one on my ankle and one of my left shoulder blade. My place of work is very open-minded and non-discriminatory so I'm lucky in that regard.

As you can see from the last one I got, it's a cover-up. It's not 100% covered yet, but I'm going back this coming Friday so my artist can work some black into it to completely hide the old tattoo. They used a really strong black with that one. It was my first, a Chinese dragon symbol, that I got in December 2007. My sister and I went for our first tattoos together. I don't regret any of my other tattoos, and will not get them covered up, as I followed the steps I gave to you. Good luck and happy inking! (*hug*) :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

4. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd love to get open wings on the upper part of my back.

I always loved wings, and by now, I want to be free.

I should think a little more about it, then I'm pretty sure I'll get one.

5. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not into tattoos so I don't think I'd get one. They don't really appeal to me.

6. KSatt

I have three currently: a cross on my wrist, a palm tree on my hip (I actually was sober when I got that, just young), and a double heart on my shoulder blade (a remembrance for two dear lives lost far too soon). I have my next two planned. I want a feather behind my ear and a bird with the word free on my clavicle.

7. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None and I never would get any either.

8. MzMayhem

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I currently have 3 tattoos. My first one was actually quite large and is on my back. It was pretty ambitious for a first tattoo. The other two are considerably smaller. One on my collarbone and one on my finger. And yes, the closer to the bone, the more it will hurt.

I have gotten them spread out over the past nine years or so, and I intend to get quite a few more in the future. The most recent one is only about two weeks old and is NEARLY done healing.

People aren't joking when they say tattoos are addictive. If I had more money, I'd already have quite a few more. I love all of my tattoos and they make for good conversation starters.

9. FalconBlueSky00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a tattoo of Ranma, from Ranma 1/2, in a cat suit on my upper arm. For you youngsters Ranma is a Comedy about a boy who falls in a cursed spring. Whenever he is hit with cold water he turns into a girl, whenever he is hit with warm water he turns back into a boy. It's Japanese and really old so it's probably considered pretty rude to offensive now, but when I was 16 I thought it was fantastic. Made me see the world and myself differently. It's also stupidly funny.

10. Garyroberts

Garyroberts Guest

Yes I have 8 in total. The very first was 18 years ago which took me over a year to fully decide on what I wanted. I love all my tattoos except one which I don't hate, my tattooist has suggested changing it which I'm thinking more and more about doing. The only other thing I wish is that I could see more of them as all but 3 are on my back!!

11. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't have any yet but I have a few planned.

12. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been designing a Gallifryen code tattoo to put on my left shoulder and I'm excited about it. Unfortunately I'm also broke so I'll have to wait before I can get it done.

13. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done five on myself cos I'm trying to earn some money from doing tattoos on a few of my friends who want tattoos. So i gotta practice on myself first. Ive done a moon on one foot, and a runes 'T' on my other foot and kingfisher on the side of my finger. Then also the charater Snufkin from the moomintroll books on the side of my leg. Right now ive been working on a big one on my thigh of a phoenix/hawk kind of bird that i designed. Ive only ever done one on someone else which was a small flying bird on my friend's finger. I dont know if i'll do anymore, even though its almost addicting somehow. Ive tried to think about why i do them, and what i think is that: My body will always look different from how i believe it should have been. My feet too small, my hips too wide, my face too round. But tattooing on my body is like a way to make my body my own, to put something beautiful or meaningful on a thing that I feel is wrong.

14. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any (because they're very expensive where I live), but I have some planned, all gaming related because I'm a chump.

> I'd like to get Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot on my back. Those two were my childhood.
    > I want the Paragon and Renegade symbols from Mass Effect on my wrists. Paragon on the left, and Renegade on the right (for RL RT/LT actions!)
    > I also would like to get the charm from Corpse Party on one of my calfs. Likely with the chant under it.

Would also like the Imperial symbol from Star Wars and the Bat symbol from Batman on me somewhere. But those aren't high priority.

15. MulticoloredSox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't got one yet since i'm still underage :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I'd really like to get a tattoo of a phoenix on my chest after I get top surgery. I've struggled a lot with my mental health and I feel like a phoenix is a pretty accurate metaphor for what I went though.

16. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a small forearm tattoo of a rune.

17. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a forearm tattoo of the quote "so it goes"