1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I absolutely HATE people who snore! There, I said it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gia K, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Gia K

Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I mean, don't think that if you happen to snore I hate you as a person or something, I know it's not something you can't control, but I am so sick of this snoring shit, I fucking hate it...

Everybody in my family snores, my mother, my father, my grandmother, and I loathe it! Because of the way the house is built my parent's room and mine are one right next to the other, and they both snore SO loudly, especially my father (no, they aren't doing something else, btw), that it's keeping me away at night. My mother has to come pretty often and sleep in my bed with me because my father wouldn't cease snoring. STOP!

People need to be more considerate, once you have someone you have to share the room or bed with, wether it's a friend or your partner, once they tell you they can't sleep properly because of you, you should really take some measures, there are a few solutions out there!
    If I snored, and I would bother someone else, I would do something about it, it's just fucking rude not to, like my parents are doing even tough I constantly pester them about it! :bang:

And now my father is snoring again like he's choking on his own tongue or something and I can almost feel the walls vibrating, grrrrrrrrr, when will this end??

Has any of you had a similar problem? I'm about to lose my marbles here, sorry for the rant, but I really needed to vent.

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find guys that snore cute!

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm guessing the :sleep: smilie is soon going to be :dead: if it makes a noise. :eusa_shhh

On a more serious note, my grandad and dad are particularly notorious for their snoring. Thankfully it appears to have skipped a generation with moi.

I do wonder if its possible to snore so loudly that you wake yourself up. If it is, I wonder how either of them ever get any sleep.

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't snore, but my brother says he frequently hears me kick the wall in my sleep :lol:

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone in my family snores. My dog the loudest, but his snoring is really cute 'cause it sounds more like hiccuping. :lol: But my dad used to snore so loud that he actually had to be medically treated for it because it was hurting my mom's hearing. For some people it is a very serious issue...

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad I'm not the only one! I always wake up with bruises from my nighttime battles with the wall and my bed frame :lol:

7. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been told that I snore at home, but oddly enough, nobody at my work has complained.

8. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Snoring is the bane of fucking humanity.

I, on the other hand, sleep as quiet and motionless that people have mistaken me for dead before.

9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might look into foam plugs made for noise reduction.
    The best ones reduce ca. 36 dB (or so they write... but they really reduce ) while its possible to still hear the alarm clock. Some are reusable and can be cleaned in the washing machine, even before the first use (some smell. After washing, they need to dry some time, they are like a sponge).
    They should be available in drugstores or pharmacies.

Wearing those for extended times is at your own risk... there are others which are made of materials which are less dense and allow for more ventilation, but they don't reduce sound that much...

(*hug*)

#9 jay777, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I snore, my partner snores, and for that I am glad.

11. Joelouis

Good God.

This is one of my pet hates.
    I used to work with a guy, and as my work involves staying away from home for sometimes a month at a time, I use hotels almost every night.
    One colleague snored so loudly I literally prayed for him to die in his sleep just so I could get some kip.
    He'd snore as he breathed in and out.
    It was like an angry lion guarding a piece of meat.

Terrible.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gf says I snore occasionally. I couldn't stand listening to others do it, so I urge her to wake me up with all necessary intensity to get me to stop. If it affects her, I won't complain if it affects me. Thankfully she can usually get me to quit without much trouble and incidents are rare.

Her dad though, Jesucristo. We went on a vacation once and shared a hotel room. I woke up from what I literally thought was a chainsaw for the pitch and volume. But no, it was his snoring. He has the worst nose I've ever heard.

13. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's cute snoring and then there's freight train snoring. I used to be a freight train snorer until i had my tonsils taken out, now my snoring is more cute and tolerable.

14. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I think it's cute and reassuring that I'm not alone.

15. thank god im not the only one.
    i dont snore, but my mum does suuuuuper loud. and i always had to shares a room with her on holidays in hotels, and i never got any sleep and hated it the entire time. she can sleep soundly, but i get no sleep so i wear earplugs now all the time but i know its not good for my ears. and ive gotten a few ear infections/itchy ear cuz of it. my mums room and mine are apart from each other the lounge seperate us as does the hall but nope can still hear her.

my pal snores and omg, its not loud but he is a snorer and it just makes me hate him whenever i sleep over. aaaagh.

i hate snorers. end of.
    i could date a snorer but nope no sleeping in the same bedroom no way.

it would be cool if there was a treatment for it. but everything my mum has tried doesnt work. :dry:

16. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there is a surgery to fix it I'd take it... Snoring is soooo fucking embarrassing, I don't always snore but when I do its awful... I've been called a bear before... :frowning2: It's getting to where I don't want to go on trips with friends anymore because I'm terrified of annoying them with my snoring... :frowning2:

17. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My roommate last year snored; it was pretty annoying, especially since he almost always fell asleep before me.

I'm told I'm totally silent when asleep, to the point where it's kind of scary :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't hate people who snore, but I admit I'd rather not sleep so close to someone who does -_-

18. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Oh god I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! Hopefully they aren't bothering you too much considering you have exams :frowning2:

On the other hand.. Apparently I don't snore but I breathe really deep and sort of make moaning noises and move around a bit. Not as annoying as snoring but yeah.

I also apparently sleep like a contortionist. Really weird positions. My future girlfriend might wake up with my body wrapped around her body :lol:

#18 ChloeKiss, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  19. White Knight

Pfft... I've been told I snore very loudly.

If people dislike it or hate me it is their own problem. I can sleep beautifully in that noise. Deal with it.

On others I don't mind but on my partners I find snoring both cute and sexy.

20. Richie.

You mean you hate people who keep you awake at night,.... Lol