1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've made a decision for now...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Porter, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been questioning my identity for a few months now, and I think I've finally decided to embrace the identity of genderqueer/transmasculine.

Just wanted to share how excited I am, because it feels like I'm one step closer to being my true self. Despite all this self doubt that I had that made me wary of identifying as one thing or another, I recently discovered this guy on youtube who not only doesn't fit the common trans narrative, but his fits almost identical to mine. It's almost scary! It's really assuring to know that there is someone out there with a similar situation as mine and is transitioning as male and is satisfied/doesn't regret it.

It's really eye-opening and it's helped me accept a part of myself that was so hard of me to swallow. I feel really great! :icon_bigg

2. Euliam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What a wonderful thing to read this morning. Congratulations, Porter! :slight_smile:

3. Angelus

Angelus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Gratz!! I tried the GQ thing but I kept feeling I was fooling myself...

4. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the messages!

I definitely relate to that! I thought I could possibly be a transman, but I think I was fooling myself as well. Although my gender identity could be subject to change, I'm really happy just swinging around the middle of the spectrum for now :slight_smile: