Anyone here misses being a little kid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by usagi, Dec 3, 2014.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True. I've managed to dress in my own colorful, whimsical fashion for years, but it's not always been easy to find things I like. And to an extent, it has kept me away from jobs where you're supposed to look 'professional;', and dress up in suits and ties, because I find that kind of look very boring, and could never see myself doing it. Just not me, so I have found ways to survive, but not really being one to play the game, and look the part, I think it can hold one back, financially. So in that sense, it's a societal restriction, or limitation that's imposed on people, and men in particular: you have to look and dress a certain way for most 'professional' jobs.

2. shotonthechest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    in a manner, who doesn't?
    whenever I see little kids, I automatically start imagining them growing up.
    Perhaps first of 6 will develope an eating disorder, second one will commit suicide, third one will become depressed, 4th will start smoking or become a drug-addict, fifth one will start cutting, and so far only one of them will be indeed happy till the end.
    I feel sorry when I see those little creatures playing around, laughing, having fun. I cannot imagine them growing up to experience how awful life can be :icon_sad:
    I might seem really pessimistic, but it's the reality.

3. thekillingmoon

Yeah life was so much better as a kid. Maybe I'm not good at being an adult and dealing with everything on my own. :icon_sad:

4. Bella Vampire

Yes, I miss it an awful lot. Everything was easier, my friends didn't put me through bullshit, and I didn't understand that I would have to grow up. Now, being older I know the truths about the world, and bad the bad things aren't just a forlorn lie. Being older, I know that life is a bitch, and it only gets worse. I miss being carefree, and happy. I miss getting away with being stupid, and imperfect. I just miss everything an awful lot.

5. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sighs I do I miss my sister :frowning2:

6. Silas

There were moments of my childhood that weren't particularly pleasant but I'd turn back the clock in a heartbeat... at least back then I didn't have to worry about getting a job and being financially independent and dealing with responsibility, my biggest worry at the time was deciding what Xena episode to watch for the day :lol:

There was a period where I was anxiety-free and actually felt secure and hopeful and genuinely happy... I wish I'd appreciated those days more as I didn't realize things would change so drastically after that point.

7. rowena14

HELLO NO!!!!! Why would I ever want to go back and live in an oppressive state where there were no room for individual identity. I had to be this kid that had to develop in to what the military thinks what a family should be. I tried branching out but was always reeled back in. My grandparents were a product of their time; so I had to be what they wanted me to be. Room for individual growth was at best a stagnant entity. There is no way in HELL I would ever want to or wish to go back to them times. :icon_sad::icon_sad:

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still am a kid. Fun times.

Honestly, the fact that I'm going to look back on these years as "the good old days" makes me feel as though there's not many great days to look forward too. :grin:

#48 Batman, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014