All about the bass? What a horrible message!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 741852963, Oct 29, 2014.

1. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are way too many songs encouraging obesity and putting skinny people down. As a 'skinny bitch' I hate listening to songs that basically tell us that because we aren't fat, boys won't like us because we don't have an ass! The music industry just can't get it right! D:

2. Munyal

I went with one of my best friends, let's call her Rose, to an outdoor mall the other day. While we were walking about, she got 3-4 comments on how she was either ugly or fat. This all took place in about a 2 1/2 hour timespan. She isn't obese. Rose is just overweight. She does kickboxing and is super fit. She lifts. She's incredibly muscular. Rose actually started to get super pissed! Who wouldn't if some random guys told them that they were ugly? It made a really fun day a little bit sour.

Back on topic: I think this song is for girls like Rose, but also shouldn't be viewed as a call to be obese. I think a lot of people miss the struggle that many overweight people have every day, of not feeling beautiful, handsome, or just plain worth it. It's nice to finally have a popular song that tells them they are beautiful, handsome, and valued, even if all the lyrics aren't pure moral gold. Honestly, if we are going to flip out about a song, choose something a bit more offensive.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's all about the basso continuo, amirite? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: