1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Before you came out, did you ever drop hints about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MintberryCrunch, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Jethro702

Yeah, even though i'm not out to many I do... all 3 i'm out to knew I wasn't straight when they first met me. As for me consciously giving little hints yeah lol... I go as far as liking pics that clearly say "blah, blah, I'm Gay" on them on FB cause I know my parents have me favorited so they see everything I like.

2. MickH

I'm not out to most people, but I do kinda drop hints. I don't think anyone has really picked up on anything though.....

3. Average Joe

Dropping hints was pretty much the main reason that led to my first coming out. At some point I just stopped biting my tongue and started agreeing with my female friends when they said a guy was hot and stuff.

4. Pie

Pie Guest

I drop hints but people never seem to notice. Sadly.

5. CyanChachki

Rarely. When I was a teen, I was into the show Survivor.. this one season had a girl named Dolly who I was head over heels for and one day when my sister and I where looking at the photos of the cast, I pointed Dolly out and said she was hot. My sister questioned it, I said that I meant her look with the pigtails was pretty cool and it was dropped.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always walked a tightrope of never being homophobic myself, being friendly to people who were more obviously LGBT, but I would always be very cautious at not being too supportive when things would draw attention to me (e.g. I said I supported civil unions to a teacher once). That said, I've always been a social liberal, much to the chagrin of my parents.

Also, I never dated girls or showed interest in them; but I tried to play it off as me being a nerd and relatively religious. I guess I really value honesty, so I preferred to stay silent than actively say I'm straight. It was really only after leaving for graduate school and finally living away from my parents that I began to come out of my shell. I think one of my first signs was actually liking George Takei's facebook page. Now, I knew him first for being in Star Trek, but it was a nice way to show I'm comfortable following an openly gay man. Also, more recently I've been friending a handful of friends from high school and middle school that I knew were LGBT. It's kind of nice to see their support.

7. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Earlier on I was terrified and also didn't quite understand or explore myself fully enough to be comfortable enough to do so. Once a guy I knew teased me once about liking this girl in my class (who I did, actually) and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest in terror. During that time I was too confused and still tried to steer myself in the direction of guys, so, no hints were dropped.

Later on after a lot of questioning and self discovery I was comfortable enough to drop loads and loads of hints. It depends around who, but I say stuff like 'she's really hot' or I just talk about movies/shows/etc with lesbians in it around people I'm more comfortable with. I'm in this LGBT group too, and even though it's sort of a group where someone of any sexuality can join if they care about the issue, I'm fairly certain it's obvious that I'm not straight :lol: I'm not directly out yet to anyone but I think by this point a lot of people (not family though) know or can probably guess.