18 And still a VIRGIN. Am i super weird?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Confused Teen18, Oct 20, 2014.

1. onlyshallow

I don't think so. In fact, you are in a much better position than people who lost it too early without really understanding what they were looking for (moi :grin:). In fact, I applaud you. Sex will be much more meaningful for you as an adult. Try not to think too much of how other people approach sex, since everyone is looking for something different and personal.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no time limit to lose your virginity in, and most of the people I've met that rushed into losing their virginity later regretted the circumstances. There's nothing wrong with being a virgin at 18.

3. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nah. I was losing V about ur age. 19.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I was a virgin until I was 20.

Believe me, there is no rush. In my opinion, losing your virginity is not as big a deal as it's made out to be. It usually goes, one day you are a virgin, the next your not. Nothing else really changes.

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. Ammi

Ammi Guest

Don't worry, I am too.. and never ever been on a date

6. MickH

Don't feel bad, I'm almost 18 and I've never even romantically held hands with anyone or been seriously flirted with.

7. CloudyEver

Here's to all of the people celebrating Single's Day in a couple months.

In all seriousness, I get you. Right there, right now, looking for some sort of attachment. Us girls take this kind of thing seriously, but let's not take so seriously that our hair falls off. Just think, the day we find a special someone, you'll be able to enjoy everything with them - at least if you're like-minded. *is a prude*

8. Tiger1270

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's totally fine to be 18 and still I virgin! I, personally, am not but almost all of my friends are which is great! I actually wish I would have waited a bit longer because I think I gave it up too early. Wait until you find the right person.

9. rmds

THANK YOU. I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The concept of virginity to me is not only so archaic but also... for me, there's just really no way to define it. When people talk about what age they lost their virginity, I sit there thinking, "What age did I lost mine? Have I even lost it? What counts? :icon_sad:"

It's a to each his or her own situation, really. Everyone defines virginity differently and I think you get to choose when you feel that you've lost it.

To the OP, no wayyyy are you too old! Are you kidding... at 18 you're still very young. There are people much older than you who are still sexually inexperienced (let's call it that instead of 'virgin').

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I agree, I call it sexually inexperienced too instead of 'virginity'. But if I had to define virginity I would call it someone who has never had any partnered experience; meaning no PiV sex, no anal sex, no oral sex, and hell- not even a handjob. Others may disagree and that works for their personal life, but I don't like the idea of my sexual experiences being invalid because they don't involve a penis. First time oral sex can be a really huge deal too.

Virginity is supposed to mean pre-PiV sex, but we also have to remember that that definition came about in a time where the medical definition had to do with a hymen breaking. But by that definition I'm not a virgin because I don't have a hymen even though I haven't touched anyone else. But doesn't that sound stupid? Besides back in the day, homosexuality and oral/anal sex were NOT as widely accepted, and rape was not as condemned, so the definition made sense for the time period. But in 2014, it doesn't work at all.

#30 Fallingdown7, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014