1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Price?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 18, 2014.

1. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

this is for kaisers thesis

2. DinelodiiGitli

Nothing.
    Absolutely nothing, my family has put up with a ton of stupid crap I've done and I would never doing anything to hurt them on purpose.
    As for the other question; sure there are people who have wronged me but really, I would never hurt them unless they tried to hurt my family (self defense only here). It breaks my heart sometimes how some people act, it's so sad because human beings are capable of so much good but I'm not going to punish them.

3. ChameleonSoul

It would take quite a bit to give up my friends, but even though I'm going to sound awful, my price wouldn't be too high to give up my family. Most of my family members hate me WITHOUT them knowing I'm gay and I think I'd be better off without them. Hurting my friends would be a bit less of a price, but would still require quite a bit of material wealth. I'd probably share it with them afterwards! :lol:

As for being silent, you wouldn't need to pay me at all. As long as I couldn't be found involved with it, I'd be all for it! :badgrin:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You're pretty strong, to be like that. I appreciate your honesty, and I agree with you, about human beings being capable of so much good. It is remarkably frustrating.

Interesting answer, there. Very honest, too. I also like the fact, you mentioned, sharing the material wealth, with them, following this. You've had one of the most fascinating answers.

5. Gen

Gen

Question:

Am I losing all who I know now, or all that I could possibly meet? I haven't seen any specifications about what the future could entail.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The fact you asked that, has me curious... very curious...

I didn't put too many specifications, because that isn't the point. It's more or a less, would you or would you not? Or, to the degree, one could bring themselves to do. It's interesting to see, how people analyze and respond.

But, if you want a specification that badly, it is up until the current moment. Anything in the future, is not included.

You want the red carpet, too, Gen?

I love you, Gen! Squeeeeeee~!
    Yeah, I squee'd. I don't do that for just anybody! LOL!

7. Gen

Gen

I was honestly just curious. It wouldn't make a difference anyway. What am I going to do? Turn my back on everyone I have come to know personally? Even all of my internet friends and the lovely community of EC? I would never desert the people that matter most.

For less than a solid eight figures. These relationships might be priceless, but this apartment sure isn't.

[​IMG]

Whats a few new faces in Gen's inner circle?

8. BreezyB

If you're talking about hurting emotionally than the price is pretty low probably like 5000 will do. But if physically than i really don't think i have a price for that. I don't even think i could let someone i disliked be killed

9. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    To give up friends: I choose my friends very wisely and wouldn't want to give them up. Can I make friends with some people I don't like, then give them up, just to get the money lol.
    To give up family: If I get to choose which family members, seeing as I already have some I either have given up or don't really know well enough that I'm unlikely to see again anyway.
    To give up job/school: Neither are a possibility in my life at the moment due to health problems and caring responsibilities. But my long term career plans involve being self employed, which would be a labour of love and not something I would be willing to give up for any monetary value.
    To give up loved ones: Nope. If I love them then they are too precious.

To hurt everyone in my life just once: Even if it was only something minor, I wouldn't do this. For the simple reason that I generally try very hard not to and it would feel like I was letting myself down.
    To buy my silence and allow someone I disliked to be killed In honesty, if it was someone like a dictator who causes untold misery to a great many, and they cannot be reasoned with or otherwise subdued, I see it as being for the greater good that they be killed. If we had another modern day Hitler for example. Obviously if I was the one to make that decision then I would have to live with that on my conscience, but I think the alternative of knowing I had the chance to act and did nothing, resulting in that person doing further harm, would be worse. Ideally I would like some reassurances that they wouldn't be replaced by an even bigger dickhead once they were gone, as often happens in politics. If money is being offered then this is a nice bonus. I will take £10000000000000000 please! (I promise to donate some of it to good causes :slight_smile: ) .

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! A very deep question Kaiser. I'll have to sit and think about this and depending on what I come up with decide whether or not to respond on the forum. I cannot on a moments consideration say that I don't have a price (and I'm not necessarily thinking financial reward). The honest truth is that I probably do have a price and just going with that thought for the briefest of moments slightly wounds me. On closer reflection it may be a thought I can bear more easily, but I will have to process the scenarios you mentioned to arrive at a definitive answer. Only then will I decide how much (if anything) to share on here.

I promise I will think about it though. :slight_smile:

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would material comfort let me get over the horror of betraying or abandoning people? And wouldn't the consequences of being distrusted harm me, no matter the billions I would possess? And to merely give up all would still leave me alone and feeling dreadful. It wouldn't be worth it.

To give up school? There's no way in hell I'd let that happen; I value my education far too highly.

As for allowing a death to occur by my silence, I wouldn't have to be paid to have some horrific people die, namely genocidal people or mass-murderers and/or mass-rapists and the sort, those who cannot be kept from it by ordinary legal means or stopped in time. I'd actually feel bad accepting payment for allowing preventative/retaliatory measures being taken; my silence would come of its own accord without any demands. If I merely disliked them (an arrogant, bullying classmate, for example), then I'd be unable to live with myself having indirectly caused their death. Silence there would ruin me.

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What it would take for me to choose to give up someone, would be if keeping that person meant losing someone else, and that someone else was more important to me than the person I'm giving up.

I would never give up anyone for money or anything materialistic.

Giving up a job would be remarkably easier than giving up people - I might be tempted into this, depending on what I can get out of it. If I could trust that I could live the rest of my life happily and stably without worrying about money, then I would do it.

I can't imagine deliberately hurting someone for any reason, because the reason would never be good enough to justify it.

I would never hold my silence over someone being killed no matter how much I hated them. That's morally wrong.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You know, for a topic with a generally serious intent, you sure do have a knack, for making things a lot more amusing.

I laughed at the SPOILER part. A lot, when I probably shouldn't have.

I appreciate your honesty.

Interesting sum.

You have a strong conviction, there.

Your honesty is refreshing, and very much appreciated.

I like the fact, especially, that you made sure to mention, you chose your friends wisely -- that, is a fantastic thing to do. Your part, also, about making friends with people you don't like, and wanting to get the reward, is notably fascinating.

Your sense of humor, balanced with your gray boundaries, is a very powerful combination. I like it.

That was the intention, to make people think, deeply, about themselves. And, I'm glad you mentioned the 'financial reward', which is what many people seem to be jumping to. For the sake of this, the "price" can be anything. Money, electronics, super-powers, authority over an entire section of the galaxy, and so on and so forth.

Nobody has to answer. The point is, to think, and see where one stands in relation to their surroundings, and that and those within it.

Your honesty, here, is appreciated.

This.

Well said, well said, indeed. You actually thought about this, and were honest in those thoughts.

Your sensibility is very sound, too. Just what I expect from you, good sir.

Probably one of the better, more well-rounded answers, here. You acknowledge that temptation is there, but you also acknowledge, your priorities are on point.

You're a very lovely individual, my dear. Never think less of yourself!

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Thank you. :slight_smile:

15. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would it require to...

Give up your friends?

its hard very hard i wouldn't do it unless giving them up would be just leaving them not killing them or leading them into a trap of some sort also if they were evil people i have to befriend and then give them up i wouldn't mind

Give up your family?

NEVER ! i love my family more than anything

Give up your job/school?

yeah why not if for a better one

Give up your loved ones?

yeah thats very hard for me no matter what unless that person in the first place is evil a murder or some sort and is really EVIL not someone who have mistakenly killed someone if he was really evil and they are willing to kill me and dont care then i will kill them with no price

What would it require to, just one time...

Hurt everyone you value in your life? Just once. You can explain to them, why you did it, but only after you have hurt them.

i always do that but i didn't do it for a price also not on purpose but i would do it again i don't mind i like drama and being evil sometimes sorry i sound too evil and this isn't so much like me :icon_sad:

What would it require to, just one time, buy your silence, and allow someone you dislike in life, to be killed? This can be anybody, from a dictator to your worst enemy, to somebody who wronged you, or society, in general.

NO I DONT KILL PEOPLE ! :bang: UNLESS its a dictator a killer or a child abuser and the sort then i can kill that person and i would love to get paid for that :badgrin:

16. shinji

shinji Guest

Give up your friends? - I don't have friends, just people who i allow to use me, and whom are of use to me. So, "selling" them is something i'm willing to do, if it benefits me.

Give up your family? - I can offer you my two "step" sisters and aunt for free, but for my parents i'll demand a five digit sum of money.

Give up your job/school? - Have none, to give...

Give up your loved ones? - No, don't have any atm, but if i did... no!

I have no problem with hurting people, i'm way too self centered to care... But hey, if you offer me money for it, sweet!

I don't care for people, so yeah, kill whoever you want, be it friend or foe. But, do i still get to have money if i stay quiet?

(!) - since, too lazy for "other" stuff.

edit: I have this nagging feeling that you are profiling the whole forum... Are you working for the government?

17. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I replied on your wall about my use of "prurient". I don't think either of us is wrong there, and I get your objection.

To be clear, I'm not at all offended or concerned by your questions here, or trying to paint them as wrong! I was just exposing that there's more than "innocent curiosity" and nothing as noble as "study" going on. *wink* But as you say, that's a debate that can be taken elsewhere.

On your statement I quoted above...I'm not at all sure what you're saying here. If you'd like to elaborate here, on my wall, or in private, I'll be curious to hear more. Best wishes!

18. One Man Army

Kaiser, this is a very strange way of telling us you've become a Hitman, but hey, we all make strange career choices from time to time, and who am I to judge? :icon_bigg

Ok, now, the only question I think I could answer with any degree of sincerity is the last one. This one:

I wouldn't wish death on anybody who I've met, either in real life or on the internet. There are some people who I strongly dislike, but I could not justify walking away with a large sum of money knowing that it's covered in a former acquaintance's blood. Not that I'd be scared it's cursed, but I just couldn't live with that. It's not many degrees removed from murdering that person and stealing their wallet.

As for an evil dictator, well, that makes it more interesting. If I was alive during WW2, I probably would ask for a relatively small sum of money in exchange for Hitler's life. Especially if I was a German Jew in hiding! Would I want a leader of, say, ISIS or Boko Haram to be killed for a similar reason? Maybe. But would it do much good?

Sorry if I've misunderstood the question, but that's my take on it.

19. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Give up your friends?
    It is quite hard for me to find loyal people that I can trust, so I don't think I could give up on the few friends I have.
    Give up your family?
    I have my disagreements with my family, but I know they went through a lot for me and will need me in the future. I can't give up on them either.
    Give up your job/school?
    Will I be able to get another job or study somewhere else in the future? Well, either way, I think 1,000,000 dollars should be enough haha.
    Give up your loved ones?
    Nothing. No matter the price, I know I would regret this sooner or later.

Hurt everyone you value in your life? Just once. You can explain to them, why you did it, but only after you have hurt them.
    I wouldn't do this. Even if I explained to them and even gave them their share of the money, I know some of them would never forgive me and will probably think that I don't care about their feelings. Besides, no matter how much time passes, scars will always remain.

What would it require to, just one time, buy your silence, and allow someone you dislike in life, to be killed? This can be anybody, from a dictator to your worst enemy, to somebody who wronged you, or society, in general.
    Whoever does this shall have my gratitude. No price needed.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Just curious, and wanting to spark conversation. It'd be nice to work for the government, but alas, I am not.

I will admit, though, I find people fascinating. 'Tis why I engage in such conversations, and pose such inquiries. Some might find it suspicious, and some might not feel totally comfortable, and that is fine. They don't have to become involved.

Ha!

Maybe I will become one, but seriously, this is more or less to see the rationalizing, and inner workings, of individuals. And if I was a hitman, you think I'd advertise it? I'd be a terrible assassin! LOL!

Annika, we'll continue our discussion, elsewhere. I promise!

That covered...

Give Up Your Friends
    Not counting the individuals on this forum, who I'll put off to the side for a moment. I could, fairly easily, give up my so-called 'friends', because none of them have a deep connection with me, and the closest one, is only friendly with me, because my cousin isn't here.

How much would I take? $1,000,000.

I couldn't, as of typing this, give up the wonderful plethora of people, I've met on this forum.

Give Up Your Family
    We have to remove my first cousin, my mother, and a second cousin of mine. My first cousin is, probably, the family member I am closest to. My mother, to her credit, is somewhat trying to do better. And my second cousin, well, she was the only one, during the whole funeral-and-will process, who didn't treat me like crap. We'll put them to the side, and exclude those three from this.

Now, the rest of my family? I could give them up.

How much would I take? Since I owe my family (in a way), for allowing the circumstances for my birth, there is a nominal degree of obligation. So, money is not acceptable -- only total control of the world's armed forces, and absolute authority of the world's political parties, will be accepted. I want the world.

Give Up Your Job/School
    I quite like my job at the public library. I work one day a week, for 3-4 hours, but am paid, weekly, as if I worked 40 hours a week. I receive several benefits, such as health care, and this is pretty fortunate. So, unless I was granted Empress of the World, I wouldn't give up my job. I like accessibility to books, and tidbits of knowledge.

Now, school. While I respect knowledge, I am not naive enough to think, loads of money can't get me through life. So long as I can pay for my home, my cars, my bills, and resources, then I will be fine.

How much would I take? $100,000,000.

Give Up Your Loved Ones
    Sadly, I don't have anyone I could consider a 'loved one' (in a romantic sense), so, I have nothing to offer in exchange. But if I did, like the others, if they were loved ones, then they would be invaluable.

Hurt everyone you value in your life? Just once.
    You can explain to them, why you did it, but only after you have hurt them

As others have brought up, there is mental, emotional, and physical harm. I don't dislike my family enough to wish them physical harm, but I could subject them to mental or emotional harm. However, I would take nothing for it. Except the guarantee, that they understand what they put me through, and know how it feels to, despite my past, make an effort to better myself, yet be taken advantage of.

I'd exclude my first cousin, mother, and second cousin from this.

What would it require to, just one time, buy your silence, and allow someone you dislike in life, to be killed?
    This can be anybody, from a dictator to your worst enemy, to somebody who wronged you, or society, in general

I have a few people, I wouldn't be sad about, if they were to pass away. That said, I'd probably want to do it myself. If someone is going after my enemies, well, I can't trust them to handle the job. I'd want to do it myself -- and that, is what I'd want in exchange. The opportunity to do it myself.

But if that is not possible. Probably another $100,000,000, in various currencies. I'd want to be able to flee, in the event it was botched, and I could be linked back to it.