A relationship and 5 months later..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FormulaTuner, Oct 17, 2014.

1. FormulaTuner

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there!

For the past five months, I have been dating a guy, that relationship ended sadly - but for reasons unexpected, even to me. Over the past two years I have been battling to figure out my identity and sexual identity. Its been exceedingly rough, and I thought I biting the bullet would be a good way to settle this once and for all. So I started experimenting with guys, and everything was fine. Maintaining erections and whatnot all good, maybe I lacked some emotional commitment, but never the less this ended up in a relationship filled with me doubting myself continuously.

Here is where my dilemma gets complicated. After meticulously tracing my romantic relationships and which sex I tended to gravitate too in a very Freudian way(sue me all Psych majors are mentally screwed up), I found that I have had strong emotional connections with girls and have had very positive and "mature" relationships with girls, though talking to them has always been difficult due nervousness and anxiety.

So I decided to experiment, and low and behold I enjoyed having sex with a girl(I had never touched a girl other than a hug or kiss before this). Thats great, but my issue is regardless of that, I still feel incomplete, though quite proud, but in terms of my identity I am not sure who, or what I am. This causing me high levels of stress, which is starting to interfere with my daily life. If anyone can please help...or offer some kind of insight, I would be thankful

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2014 at 06:43 PM ----------

Im out as gay by the way....

#1 FormulaTuner, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  2. Hyaline

perhaps you should reconsider yourself as bi instead? You wouldn't be the first person to have discovered that. I suspect that there is some reservation to do that as you'd then have to explain yourself. And coming out again is going to be confusing for everyone.

Ultimately, in your heart you know what you like and who you are. be true to that alone. If you want to date girls, do it.. Be honest with them about how you feel about guys and girls. That way you don't feel like you need to hide that part of you..

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to agree with Hyaline you might be bi and that's OK if that's what you want but take a little while longer and think about what you want and what makes you happy there is no rush you have your whole life ahead of you so kick back and relax and enjoy :slight_smile:

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexuality is quite fluid. One thing I have been learning from others is that labels sometimes do not always fit. At the same time, sexuality evolves, ebbs and flows. While today, imabsolueltyndefine ,yo self and comfortable with myself as Gay, there was a time when I did actually enjoy sexual relations with women. That time has certaintly past for me, but I have been through enough to know what works for me. Your on a journey, no need to stick to conventions, enjoy the ride!