1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Have To Hide That You Go On EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YuriBunny, Aug 5, 2014.

1. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

I use to back in like 2012 when I first came on here but now I don't have to because I have my own laptop.

2. Ryu

Ryu

Yes, yes I do.

3. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I know, nobody I personally know knows I'm here. My parents might have checked my history on my laptop (which only I use), found this, and chose not to say anything to me, but I doubt it.
    I have had my parents see a few EC pages, but they probably thought it was normal chat and weren't too concerned with what it was.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Don't have to persay (and I may introduce my boyfriend to it considering there's not a lot of LGBT people in area), but I just don't go on often enough now to worry about it though.

When I first joined in 2013, you bet your ass I hid EC as best I could from my mother.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never really had to because I have my own Mac, but now that I'm on my own I don't at all.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Back in the day I would've had to, but the only reason I'm here now is that I feel safe enough (read: far enough away from my dad) to actually start living as me. So obviously, no, I don't have to hide that I go on EC.

7. Rosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't browse in incognito mode, but I do chose to have the browser open on the monitor that is not visible from my boyfriend's desk.

8. BookWriter1994

I only use EC on my iPhone and IPad and when I am done I would clear out my history. My parents are really good with technology so I know for a fact that they have ways to see what I am doing on my both devices but I am still scared of them finding out about this site because I am on here to find myself and how to accept my sexuality. I still do hope that they don't find out any time soon tho!

9. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Out of all the embarrassing crap you could stumble upon if you checked my browsing history, EC is by far one of the tamest and most innocent things you could find. Certainly one of the last things that would make you raise both eyebrows, so no.

Plus, nobody fucks with my shit. Not if they know I know where they live at least.

#130 Rawrzilla, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  10. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Usually I just come on here with my mobile browser, but it's kind of slow and unreliable. I share a computer, so if I ever get the chance to use EC on it, I just create and Incognito browser window.

11. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm at University, so no. No snooping parents here :slight_smile:

12. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My fiance knows. I don't think she likes it much, partially because I don't let her read what's on my profile. I've explained to her the rules but... Meeeeeh. So now I make sure to log out entirely so that she can't follow me or figure out my profile name. Since I am not sure, but I think she would given her history of snoopage. I mainly do this out of respect for everyone here as it is not cool.

13. rellyus

I have 2 logins on my laptop. One I use all the time and another for when my friends are round. I'm not out to them although they probably already know (we're all pretty close). I hide just because I like my privacy.

14. jaack6528

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiding EC access is denying yourself. As a gay man I don't broadcast my sexuality but I will NEVER deny the true ME. People try to use religion to DEMONIZE the non-conformist, us. We must stand up to the bigots, never let their insults and hatred go unchallenged. If you don't, you tacitly approve their hate message. Stand your ground, America has changed and won't put up with racial or sexual orientation slurs.

15. Yes, though my dad kind of saw it one day and I asked what it was and I said "Oh, it's just a forum." Lol, I think he did suspect it was some kind of gay site, but he didn't ask too many questions after that. He saw two girls kissing one time on Tumblr and he asked about it and that was worse. I pretty much have to hide everything I do on the internet that involves me on a social networking site though.

But I hope that those who have a more serious situation will be careful when visiting here and be responsible! I don't want anything bad happening to you guys!

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course I go onto EC somewhat stealth.

Some of the things I post are very candid and very descriptive, so I wouldn't want just anybody that I know reading them.

Some people know "the truth" and some people suspect, with some being nasty about it in the process. That's about enough.

17. crazydiamond

I've got my own personal computer, password protected. But I'm used to family snooping so I sometimes still delete my history even though no one else ever uses my computer.

18. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live alone so no I don't have to hide it. But before I got my own place I lived with my mom and stepdad and they already knew I was gay so no issues there

19. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    EC and the fact I got two men kissing as my tablet background image.