1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to go out with one friend but not the other

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Teito, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Teito

Two of my friends asked me to go to a nightclub in a different city with them tomorrow as it is gay pride there, but I don't really want to go with my friend who asked me first. Problem is, is that we will be going to the same nightclub, so it is highly likely that I will see the friend I say no to. Haven't gave them an answer yet because I don't know what to say. Sorry if this sounds trivial to some, but I am really bad in situations like these lol

2. Kabuki

Maybe let him know that you already had plans with someone else? I don't know. I don't like to encourage people to lie, but tell him/her that you had previous plans of going out with this other person and they reminded you not long ago, so you felt the need to agree and reject him/her.

3. olides84

Does the friend you don't want to go with know that they asked first? Assuming not, just say "hey, I'm already going there with friend 2, but maybe I'll see you there!"