1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterlife

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Hexagon

See, when people talk about heaven, they tend to talk about a bunch of nice shit forever. When in actual fact, the bible seems to go on about eternal worship. That is fucking boring, if you ask me. Not to mention demeaning.

2. Thedistra

Reincarnation, if that is not a option then nothing. I find the whole heaven type thing rather odd and don't desire it.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also believe in reincarnation, and since I think all living things can be reincarnated, I might end up as a tree, a fly, a tiger, or another human. Hell, maybe I'll become an alien ten zillion light years away from Earth. Who knows?

4. 101DeadRoses

I'd like to be re-incarnated into someone with a voice, someone who could speak up for equality, and be more than just someone in a crowd.
    Or heaven. As in a place with ups and downs, a little variation to keep things interesting, but good, and less stressful than here. And after a decade or so, when I'm ready to live again, I'd just pop down to Earth and live another life.... maybe even as a man!
    Wherever I go, I want to remember in some small way what happened in this life, and the lessons I've learned.

5. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Same here, especially the books. I want to learn forever.

6. Hexagon

Whether or not that is possible depends on whether or not the universe is infinite.

7. Beware Of You

None

I don't like myself enough to want an afterlife

8. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good point. I would like to know about every facet of every discipline; given an eternity to do so, and considering the probable developments in every field of study among the living, I suspect I should have rather a long while to occupy myself. However, should the universe prove finite and the afterlife offer nothing more in the way of knowledge, Heaven may quickly become an extravagantly boring place indeed.

9. PaganPoetry

I would chose reincarnation, that way you live multiple times and forget you lived before....therefore you wont get bored.....but part of me wishes for a place where Im free to do whatever I want whenever I want it...even though that sounds like that episode of the twilight zone where the guy thinks he's in heaven but hes actually in hell....

10. birdking

reincarnation 100% all the way

that just seems so cool to me

11. Hexagon

My point precisely. Heaven may be the most amazing place for as long a time as you are capable of putting a number to, but there will be an even longer period of time, namely eternity, in which it effectively becomes a place of absolute suffering. And as far as I'm concerned, the good times just aren't worth that.

12. blueberrymuffin

This is a tough one, because humans of any age can't even really conceive of 'eternity.' Obviously no one would want to endure eternal torment (though i like Twain's comment on "hell for company" and the idea of a hell full of gay orgies). Reincarnation seems pointless to me, since we couldn't recall the previous life.

I guess nothingness seems far most likely regardless what i'd prefer. I don't it's anything to fear. We didn't suffer during our billions of years of nonexistence before birth after all. I was put under for surgery 23 times the past few months. This is what i think death is like, except there's no waking up.

13. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What if you go to heaven and don't like it, what then? Are you doomed to be stuck there for all eternity or is there a way out?

14. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It makes my head spin, actually. Like when I try to think of the concept of nothingness: If it's a state of nonexistence, doesn't that make it SOMETHING, and therefore not nothing ...? Makes me feel seasick!