Which part of the LGBT community is most populated you think?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eye Shine, Jun 28, 2014.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Probably bisexuals. Out of my friends, I think at least 10 of them are bi. Hell, my boyfriend's bi. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexuals are probably the most common, and trans people are probably the least common.
    Incidentally, I'm both, so what does that make me?

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think most people (even those who say they are straight) are at least somewhat bisexual, because not very many people are 100% at one end of the spectrum.

4. hoodiestrings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    According to a Pew Research Center study done in 2013, Bisexuals are the largest group in the American LGBTQ+ community.

A Survey of LGBT Americans | Pew Research Center

This study is really interesting, and I highly recommend it if you want to learn more about the community in terms of demographics!

5. mangotree

In the city where I live, I don't know anyone who's bisexual or pansexual.
    So I'm going to go with straight first, then gay, then lesbian, then trans, then bi and pan.

But then again, I see everyone as bi until proven otherwise. Everyone always proves me otherwise I guess.

#25 mangotree, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  6. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Please don't take this as an affront, but I would like to point out that a lesbian person also is completely gay - even if she isn't a gay male.

My personal experience has been rife with gay men, rather than bisexual persons or gay women. According to the most accurate statistics we have, about 2-4% of males are gay and 1-3% of females are lesbian. I do remember reading that bisexuality is allegedly more common in women. Obviously, accurate numbers are difficult to obtain.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because a lot of the bisexual men are calling themselves gay and straight

---------- Post added 28th Jun 2014 at 06:26 PM ----------

I don't think that's true that's it's more common in women I think that's a myth, there are lots of bisexual men , I've been told this by a bisexual man at pride because people think men's sexuality is cut and dry and bisexual men are rare and some gay men avoid bisexuals and bisexual men that are heteromantic and the ones that prefer women are automatically called gay, and can even risk losing a wife or girlfriend when they find out their bisexual many bisexual men go with either gay or straight label so of course it's going to look like men are less bi or fluid go read ads or sites with men looking for sex with men and you would see a lot of straight guys and bisexual men looking to hook up with men just as much as women do this.
    There even so called straight men that hook up with men behind close doors and their not gay their bisexual because they have attraction to women too.

---------- Post added 28th Jun 2014 at 06:34 PM ----------

I.read this

#27 stocking, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  8. Toast8971

I'm just gonna guess the bisexuals