1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you prefer to be in a relationship or single?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, May 12, 2014.

?

Do you prefer to be single or in a relationship?

1. Relationship

71 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Single

34 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

At the moment, I prefer to be single.

Relationship needs also care and diligent. It seems that most of people wants to be in a relationship only for their own pleasure or because they don't want to be alone anymore.

I don't want to be alone, okay, but I want to devote myself into a relationship. Because it isn't only kisses and cludding but also a true friendship! And at the moment I'm not ready to build it. Also because at my age, all the women are "childish". I need a true woman, not a female child :dry:

2. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  3. (!) thank god im not alone.
    i think a relationship should compliment two already happy/content people, and if you cant be happy alone then you cant share your own happiness with someone because they dont have any happiness to give you only the happiness they get from you... (i get what i mean).

4. BelleFromHell

^^ This 100%.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not against being in a relationship, but they require time, effort, commitment and compromise - none of which I have. I like doing my own thing, and I prefer the 'friends with benefits' arrangement. :icon_wink

#45 imnotreallysure, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  6. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being in a relationship. I like to share my life with others, have someone with whom I'm very close.

7. wowiemio

both have their pros and cons. Being single isn't a bad thing but i prefer being in a relationship.

8. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Agreed. Maybe if I had more friends I wouldn't mind being single but I definitely want a companion.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Um, relationship definitely. I hate being alone. :tears:

But it's so hard to A) find the right guy and B) go through the long and arduous process of building a relationship. :bang:

10. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Ugh I agree.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've been told, when you find somebody that clicks with you, it won't feel like a relationship. It'll just slip in naturally.

That could just be romantic babbling, but it is something I remember to this day.

Many people will believe the grass is greener on the other side, be they single and wanting a relationship, or having had bad relationships and cherishing their being single. Many people want the perks of a relationship, and view the other aspects as secondary or, worse, non-existent. I've encountered many people who "miss being in a relationship". I can understand how that is, but wanting a relationship just for certain aspects is akin to wanting a car with just the wheels, body, and steering wheel. You're missing the engine, the seats, so on and so forth. You can pretend you're driving, but you aren't going anywhere.

Having been single my entire life, I do enjoy it. Mostly because I have time to pursue my interests, develop myself, and can be available to others, if or when they need my help. I do await the day I have somebody to share my tales with, live my dreams with, and relish my accomplishments with, but I'm not going to cry or be upset about it not having happened. I am doing what I can, to be the best I can, so that I'm not giving some half-assed person to a significant other. I want them not to be impressed with my knowledge, my body, or my desires, but I want them to feel loved for why I did it - I did it for "us".

I'm so corny, sometimes.

#51 Kaiser, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  12. KazTastic

Had you asked me last year, I would've definitely been longing for a relationship, but these days, I really couldn't give a toss.

What I really want right now is a cool flatmate who wants to go on wacky adventures with me, preferably a gay girl who's around my age.

13. justjade

It sounds like I have the opposite problem as most people. I pretty much haven't been single since I was 18, except for a few times, one of which was when I was going through the divorce with my ex. I've never been on my own though, like truly on my own. I've only ever lived with my family or a partner. However, I don't think I could stand to live on my own. So I'd rather be in a relationship. I'm just not stable enough, either financially or psychologically, to stay by myself.

14. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Yes, I agree. A relationship with someone who is basically a best friend is what I want.

15. confuseduser99

ME TOO! I really want this!

16. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I am currently in a relationship with my best friend, and I like it.

17. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

That is so great. Very happy for you.

---------- Post added 14th May 2014 at 09:07 PM ----------

Would be lovely

18. leer

I picked in a relationship because I am in one it's my 2nd one the first one was more a learning process it lasted 6 months . I did enjoy being single after it for about a year or so .

---------- Post added 15th May 2014 at 02:06 PM ----------

I am currently in a relationship with my best friend, and I like it.

this is what I have right now .. so happy we were friends first ..

19. BornAnew

I dunno. My first relationship ended around 6 months ago & it left me feeling pretty negative. I've only recently started to feel like I'm definitely moving on...and being single gives me the feeling of infinite potential. So I like that right now...and I definitely wanna be more sure of myself & know who I am better before I get into a relationship again. Ofcourse if the right guy comes along then all sense goes out the window :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol

20. Foxface

it's weird but here it is

I am in love with my partner...but if something were to happen to her I would probably stay single for life...not because I would feel like I was dishonoring her, but rather other than my partner I don't like dating to be frank