When did you first get the 'feeling'?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eternallyapril, May 12, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I was always a sort of odd child. I would perceive and experience things more intensely than I probably should have. At the time I just rolled with the punches, and when I got a little older just thought I was more in tune with my emotions. Eventually though, I came to the realization I was a female sharing a mind and body with a male. The short period of time I went to therapy, this was labeled as just being a means of me coping with life. I just happened to sort of give that coping mechanism a personality... and a name... and a say in what I thought and did. Reading that, it probably sounds like some sort of personality disorder, but I feel totally sane (well, as sane as one can be in my situation) and healthy.

I'm like a coin. Two sides, one body. Simple as that.

As for when I started to find either sex appealing in some manner or format. Well, with women it started pretty early. However it wasn't just a "ZOINKS! Like, check out that groovy chick there, Scoob!", it was more of an appreciation and admiration... coated with attraction. With men, I realized something was a little different when I would go beyond a casual, "Oh, he looks sharp." I could appreciate and even find attractiveness in the male form. That, I believe, started to surface sometime in middle school. So, early to mid teens for men. Elementary aged for women.

2. fictional

Um, I think I was about eleven years old. I just kind of tried to push it out of my mind until less than a year ago when I really started questioning. Thinking back, though, I remember liking girls in a romantic way all the way back to elementary school but I didn't really recognize my feelings as romantic until later, you know?

3. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i first got the feeling in middle school, but i pushed it away and its now coming back and im super confused

4. yidnah87

I didn't really suspect it until I was about 17. Though I had a sexual encounter with a guy friend of mine when I was 14 which I enjoyed. I thought it was just a phase and 'knew' I was straight. But the 'phase' didn't end. In college I started identifying as bisexual, though I was still closeted.

5. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was always there; I know that now

6. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was seven I wanted to marry a woman even though I knew nothing about sexuality. I did know that marrying a woman was an option and I was happy about that. I didn't really think about my sexuality until I was ten and I found out what gay meant. Since being gay was considered bad and no one ever called me gay I assumed my desire to marry a woman was just a silly childhood phase.

When I was twelve I noticed that I didn't like guys like all the other girls. I was also noticing girls more. I still thought it was a phase. When I was thirteen I started questioning whether it was a phase, I really didn't want to be gay so I started obsessing over not having a boyfriend to distract myself. When I turned fourteen I kind of accepted my feelings.

7. Weekender

I probably first recognized the feeling around 12 or 13 years old. Thinking back though, there have been a lot of instances where I felt it and just didn't realize what the feelings were.

Like that time in kindergarten when my best friend said she was going to get married to some boy in our class, and I got really sad. Hm.

#27 Weekender, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

14 when I seriously considered it, possibly 8 when it first existed

9. newfish

I'm going to be honest, my reason was REALLY shallow. My sister's friend is flamboyantly gay, and I was like "wow, I wish I dressed and acted like that" etc. I don't think I actually knew he was gay until after I decided he was really cool. And then I considered the fact that I was gay and it took me about three years to figure out, from ages 11 to almost 14.

10. Envira

First grade was when I first felt something, but I didn't think about it then. Sixth grade was when I started considering it, after I discovered some nudes on a photography website my dad showed me.

11. IsThisAName

When I was about 17, I started to question whether I was actually attracted to men and thought I might be gay, but I pushed the thought from my mind and repressed it until about 6 months ago.

12. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

13. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I was 11 years old when I first got the butterflies in stomach feeling. This really cute girl in my class was all I ever concentrated on when I was suppose to be listening to the teacher. I remember looking at her eyes, lips and hands alot. The feelings became stronger as I got older.. and then they got more sexual. I wanted to actually be with a girl completely when I was 13 but I realised I was a bit young.. The feeling was still exciting for me.. It still is to this day. :slight_smile:

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't remember anymore. All of it was always there, but I never did much of it until I was a teenager.

15. itsjess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was nine or ten I remember having the hugest crush on Emma Watson in the Harry Potter movies, but I was never sure if I wanted to be her or I wanted to kiss her.. Either way, I never saw it as anything but normal: "Oh my God, I'm gay" was never a thought that came close to crossing my mind!

In my first year of secondary school, aged 13, I had my first crush on a girl I actually knew. She was 18 and was leaving school that year, and I was completely infatuated with her. I got my first girlfriend when I was 14, I'm not 18 and still haven't come out to my family.. hahaha..

16. Querying

I hadn't the slightest idea when I was 13, but looking back on it, there's so many things that fall into place because of it.

17. Story Jinx

It was few months ago and I really hope I realized it earlier..

18. XRay

19. Derivative

Derivative Guest

As early as I could remember, I've always felt more attracted to males than females. Nobody really knows (~5 people know) right now, since I've only just come to terms and accepted it and I'm 21 :slight_smile: So a long time in the closet!

20. Closetlesbian99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never really was sexually attracted to guys. When I was 12 I identified as bisexual, but then I that I'm a lesbian.