1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronouns for peeps outside the gender binary

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by warholwendy, Apr 11, 2014.

1. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just want to know what any of you folks prefer

I'm not even out as genderfluid yet but when I thought I was just trans I came out but, in the future I will likely be out and what-not

Personally pronouns don't really matter to me. I mean if I'm very obviously presenting as one gender (and I will definitely make it obvious) I'd prefer the correct pronouns at that time but if peeps are just referring to me in general I won't get mad because someone whose gender changes constantly is a little hard to talk about and I tend to have empathy for peeps in general.

2. cava

I'm still in the process of figuring out my gender identity, but the title I keep coming back to is agender. As far as pronouns, I'd prefer people avoid them (and other gendered words, for that matter) entirely. Just use my name or other descriptive words if you're talking about me.

"Hey, do you know cava?"
    "Oh that little nerd over there?"
    "Yeah, the one with the face."

No pronouns necessary! If people forget or if they're grammatically required to use a pronoun or whatever, I guess I don't really care which ones they use. I've seen a handful of options in addition to the well-known he and she, and to be honest, I haven't found that any resonate with me personally.

3. Just Jess

The jury is of course still out, but I think more and more people are liking singular they.

4. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The only non-binary gender indentifying person I ever really knew that well just told people that either set of pronouns were okay and didn't really have a preference. Though I've also heard some people prefer they/them.

5. Axxel

Axxel Guest

I'm cool with either male or female pronouns. I don't like the 'them, their' thing because it makes me sound like I have someone else attached to me that I don't know about. People I'm out too tend to just stick to my physical sex ones, which is vaguely annoying but not completely inaccurate.

6. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I go by my birth pronoun she but I kind of prefer he him his idk though

7. Skyline

I'm fine with people calling me a he which is my birth noun, but it pleases me to hear people call me a she too. Either way, I'm not going to complain to someone if they use one or the other.

I'm not a big fan of singular 'they.'

8. Techno Kid

I like "they", but EVERYONE seems to call me "he". :/

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't make too much of a fuss of pronouns but usually go by male pronouns anyway, otherwise, they/them.