1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mean Girls and Under wires

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CharlieHK, Feb 22, 2014.

1. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

So I have to wear an underwire. There's no negotiation. I am a thin 34 DDD, I can't not wear an underwire. The only time I'm not wearing an underwire is when I'm changing to put another one on or taking a shower.

There seems to be this rumor that underwires are equivalent to push up bras and I've gotten a lot of shit from other girls saying there's no way my tits are this huge, it's the underwire and I must have padding.

I don't, and when this sassy chick told me to stop wearing push up bras I looked at her grabbed both my boobs a lifted them 2 inches higher on my chest and said "If I was wearing a push up bra they'd be up here". She shut up. And I'm not stupid, people put others down to feel better about their insecurities, whatever. It still pissed me off.

Any one face this issue or am I alone in the world of mean girls insulting underwires. It's like they thinks it's fun to have metal grinding into my ribs all the time.

2. Kellyve

Yea I have had similar problems. Only my friends just tend to tease me lightheartedly about my boobs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I find guys can be much more annoying when it comes to that stuff obviously. Oh and I totally get what you mean! You can't NOT wear underwires! And you get people who are like 'I wish my boobs were bigger' NO YOU DONT ITS SO ANNOYING! Anyway yea I empathize... :wink:

3. Beetle

Wow. I'm glad I have small boobs, to be honest. I don't want big boobs. And I wear sports bras because they're more comfortable and don't ride up, and the straps don't fall down either. I always had that issue with underwires even if I sized them correctly.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I used to have a problem with some of the girls saying the same thing about me when I was in high school. Especially because I was relatively thin but my boobs were a 36D

5. setnyx

unfortunately i'm a DD, wish i could donate them to charity or something. i tried the underwire once never again. i caught flake in high school also mostly from the itty bitty titty committee. i feel for you though.

6. animequeen567

I am a 44DD and I absolutely hate it. Underwire does hold my boobs better than no underwire, but I can't afford it. I spent $60 getting 2 decent underwire bras once and they only lasted 3 weeks -_- So I just say "fuck it" and go without them, and just wear plain bras that I can get for like $5 at walmart and they'll last way longer. If people complain about my boobs, then they can go complain somewhere else. I do not tolerate it. I wish my boobs would go away. I hate them. They're too big. If they were like B's, I'd probably be okay with that. Sorry, now I seem to be ranting...Anyway, I've never had trouble with bullies about my boobs, but that was only because they had other things to make fun of me for (I'm not gonna explain because I'll rant again.)

7. apostrophied

Sorry about that, they sound like idiots.

You talked about "metal grinding in your chest," I'm not sure that's really good. Sounds like your bra isn't a good fit, as the metal should be lying flat against your skin and not cause any discomfort. Maybe get fitted in a specialty store for large bra sizes?

It won't help with the idiots, but at least you'll be more physically comfortable. :S

8. NobleCrown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *hugs* I'm a 36-38 H (yes, H). My individual breast weighs more than my son did at birth. So I feel your pain, I truly truly do. And yes, smaller girls are snarky catty jealous beeatches. In middle school I was once accused of wearing two bras because I had a full slip on under my dress, so there were two sets of straps. Didn't help that I was in a full D and pushing DD by the end of 8th grade.

But sweetie, if the wires are hurting you, your bra doesn't fit correctly. Properly, REALLY properly fitted bras ARE comfortable, and put boobs where they are supposed to be, even for us big girls, without digging in or leaving marks or making your boobs beg to breathe. Check out this group on Reddit: A Bra That Fits

They have lots of resources, fitting guides, tips, etc.

Biggest thing? Get used to the idea that quality bras that FIT and don't fall apart in three months are going to be expensive. When you're bigger, it's not even worth your time to walk into anything below the Dillards level of lingerie department. I get new bras only when I absolutely have to, but I always go to Nordstroms. They're spendy, sure, but their fitters know what the hell they're doing, and the bras are amazing. I've never had a Nordstroms bra crap out on me, and they actually put my Ogre!Fiona boobies front & center, lock & load like they're supposed to be. So my CLOTHES actually fit right too.

9. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uunderwires are so fetch!