1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you hate it when straight people say this ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Feb 12, 2014.

1. thekillingmoon

Doesn't make sense tbh. Once you had sex, you had sex. Doesn't mater with who. A virgin is someone who never had sex with anyone.

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    exactly like me lol

3. ThePhoenix

A virgin is one who has not participated in an sexual activity by that definition she is not a virgin.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with this

5. apocalypse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    some mEN think that only the magical peenis can alter a woman's MOSTE IMPORTANTE innocence and virginitee because they hoLD THE POWER

All jokes aside, it's really stupid. I'm not up with the current discussion but that's my little bit of input...

6. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    There are two concepts of virginity that have nothing to do with one another. The first has to do with the physical rupture of the hymen, which has to do with assessing whether or not a female had giving birth (since technically it could be possible to have intercourse with a male without a complete tear in the hymen), which I guess was important in maintaining some kind of social order (when women were seen as commodities). This is a pretty gross definition, but it's still one we live with.

The other definition has something to do with a loss of innocence. I'd say when desire is satisfied for the first time and one must deal with the complexities that ensue after sexual curiosity is sated, virginity has been lost. If you really like someone and have a crush on them but have not had sex with them (any kind of sex) you are still virginal. By this definition, sex without desire doesn't count. Therefore, assault doesn't count. And in my opinion sex with the wrong sex (for you) doesn't count.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Virginity is stupid either way, because It's too ambiguous with no practical use. The traditional definition (hymen + PIV) makes no sense because hymens =/= sexual history, and other sexual acts can still spread STDs, even as serious as HIV. And there are even a lot of people who have penis-in-vagina and still consider themselves virgins anyway because the act wasn't valuable enough to them.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What you said kinda made it clear why mom didn't want me to use tampons when I was a teenager I use to wonder why now I know because she didn't want me to break my hymen she is also against using sex toys and I think the whole hymen thing has to do with it . She would tell me how the tampon would hurt me and that the sex toy would make me sick . But as I'm older now I know better I have been using sex toys but what she said about tampons scares me still as an adult .

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2014 at 09:46 PM ----------

I notice a lot of straight people think penis in vagina is the only way but a few of them see oral sex and anal sex as virginity lost . I remember a girl on another site asked if she was a virgin even though she had anal sex and when all the women said she was not she said we were attacking her

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think straight people in general are more rigid about sex. I'm not saying all of them are, but I know more gay men who count oral as sex than I know straight people that do. And the anal thing is just stupid.....It's almost literally the same thing as PIV (As in a dick penetrates a hole and there's full body contact), with the only difference being reproduction. But in that case anyone who has PIV while using a condom would technically still be a virgin.

Straight people don't seem to understand that technically birth control doesn't really "count" anymore than other sex acts...because they are unnatural, the penis doesn't literally touch the vagina and the biological definition of sex is about the sperm hitting the egg. There is literally no animal that slips on a rubber or swallows a pill. So if using birth control = virgin sounds ridiculous to someone, then other sex acts besides PIV = virgin should be the same. Otherwise, what's the difference?

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They are very rigid about sex that's so true . I don't see a difference .