how do gays and bis think about sadist and masochists

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by terry chen, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bisexual sadist, whatever, men scream better, women cry better, they all bleed. Kinda blanket statement, I know. People who fight back are the best. I got a slight masochistic streak. Feeling blood sends me over the edge. Of course I'm okay with it when people consent.

2. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol bisexual sadist, just like marquis de sade, i love it when they fight back swell, my fantasies are normally combat fantasies, like a street fight, or me fantasizing my self as a cop and beating up gangs, or assassinating people.

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2014 at 08:53 AM ----------

educating people and promoting people to up port us sure is important, and I'm gonna do that right now lol, sadomasochism isn't just sex , u could for example pull ur your masochist girlfriend's hair while u kiss her in a romantic park

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2014 at 08:59 AM ----------

this is the first lesbian cat i've ever seen

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2014 at 08:59 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Fallingdown7
    Not into it, it would be a dealbreaker if my partner wanted to. But I don't see any issues with others doing so.
    this is the first lesbian cat i've ever seen

see her profile picture

3. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe that sadism and masochism are hard-wired in our brains. I'm a masochist as much as a bisexual, and I would be just as unhappy denying my masochism as my bisexuality. Probably even more unhappy. It's a lonely road. And sometimes a treacherous one. BDSM with an inexperienced partner can be extremely dangerous (learned this the hard way) and there is a potential for abuse, so it's very important for young players to have educational resources and support. I think a vibrant community of practitioners would help keep everyone safe, particularly young people. There's historically been a strong connection between S&M and gay culture--Gayle Rubin comes to mind, for example. And the gay leather culture was pretty huge in the 70s. I think it would be awesome if the LGBT community and the BDSM community could be friends again!

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2014 at 04:02 AM ----------

Also--I'm a feminist. There is absolutely NO contradiction between feminism and S&M! Vanilla people sometimes seem more fixated on gender roles...maybe because gender is automatically charged with this power dynamic that people find appealing but can't express openly. I want my erotic power dynamics to be obvious and mindful, not buried in the subtle interplay of male/female relationships. Don't know if that makes sense.

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's probably not healthy, but none of my business. I certainly would never do it myself, but I have no right to tell two consenting adults what they can or can't do with each other.

5. Joelouis

When I was in my teens, me and my mate were playfighting and I let him tie me up, but then I realised I was in a powerless position and got a bit scared and asked him to let me go (which he did).

I had stacked my car a few months earlier and ended up upside-down in the middle of the road with my seatbelt locked, so I was stuck. Unbelievable fear took hold of me as I thought I'd be hit by another vehicle or the car would catch fire and I'd burn to death etc. Maybe that played a part of my fear of being powerless.

But as for other people, I really think it's fine what they get up to so long as it's entirely consensual. Anyhow, you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

#65 Joelouis, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  6. Yosia

If both partners are okay then its fine~ i personally would not like it, i do like the idea of being powerless but i dont like pain >_<

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bit of a masochist, as long as it isn't too extreme. I would allow someone to handcuff me to a bed, and enjoy it, as long as they didn't leave me there afterwards. Hot candle wax is a turn on as well - especially on my stomach.

I wouldn't enjoy inflicting pain upon others though.

#67 imnotreallysure, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Umm...okay....was that supposed to be a joke? lol

9. Ravi-VIXX777

Yea it's not my thing. Prefer 'doing the nasteh' than hurting each other...

10. KWDBM

I'm definitely a masochist. I've had years of being surrounded with friends in all aspects of the BDSM spectrum, so I no longer find the majority of it strange at all. I actively try to educate people on why it isn't abuse, why most BDSMers strive to make things as safe as possible, etc etc. Personally I haven't had the opportunity to fully explore just where my likes/dislikes/limits are, but I've done enough to know that it's a part of me.

11. biggayguy

I'm into light B&D nothing bloody.

12. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Agree with above poster. No blood, no burns, no emergency room visits. Safety first.

13. EatYourRikkios

My opinion about any sort of sexual practice - polyamory, S/M, BDSM, whatever - is that it's the business of those involved, and nobody else's. If I'm interested in it, fine, talk about it with my partner, and if they want to try it too, go for it. If it's someone else's relationship? So long as it's safe, sane and consensual, I don't believe there's anything wrong, whatsoever. It's your bedroom, do what you like.

14. KWDBM

Wish everyone could see it that way! (*hug*)

15. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a sadist i dont hate feminist, the amout of feminist who are against us compared to those who support us is about the same as the general public, in fact the amout that support sadists and masochists might be more than the general public but those who are against us do it in the name of woman more than those who are in favor of us. but as a guy, i dont quite like feminst, u guys seem to hate guys. And u guys sounds kinda stupid, and while there are stuff that i agree with y'all: the existence of a patriarchy, guys should make friends with girls more, i do not agree with ur believe that man and woman are equally strong. And this is also why many feminists believe patriarchy is why more sadist are male than female. bullshit, guys turn to be sadists more than girls, because they are phsycologically more aggressive and violent, and that's because they are stronger.

#75 terry chen, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  16. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually....that gets a little complicated. This probably isn't the thread for an argument about feminism, but:

In general males are slightly larger and have greater lung capacity, which might help in athletics. There are in general some biological differences between us. But to me that misses the point of feminism entirely. Start with The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir, and go from there to Judith Butler. The problem is that not all females are women and not all males are men, and in fact "woman" and "man" are social constructs that we presume or perform from the basis of biological sex. Feminism to me means that I can behave, dress, talk and think as a man would. Sure, I may be physically smaller than my guy friend, but I can think as well as he can. Feminists who hate guys are not true feminists. Because I think the end goal of feminism is to create a society in which we are completely liberated from the confines of a strict gender binary tied to biological sex. In that world, men and women have equal rights. It's not a matriarchy we want.

17. EatYourRikkios

I want to know four things before I form an opinion about anyone's relation ship. Is it safe? Is it sane? Is it consentual? Does everybody in the relationship, however many people there may be, know what's going on? Yes, yes, yes and yes?

Go for it, you have my full support.

18. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, gender and sex is different, gender is the culture and features a sex turn to have, while as sex is the biology of sex, gender is like culture of race, while sex is like race(or biology of race). well, feminism would be great if they are like u, don't hate guys and don't hate the proven differences of the sexes, but softsprite, shouldn't equality go both ways? when people fight for racial equality, they don't call it black rights, or malay rights, or non-white rights, because whites are sometimes discriminated too, i would say i support rights for sadists and masochists, because i have never for once seen a vanilla person being discriminated before, but if u can show me just one case where a vanilla person is being discriminated for being vanilla, then i'll start saying i support equality of sexual attraction regarding pain, rather than i support rights for sadists and masochists. And i would be one of the first person to come to his/her defense

19. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    but then again, pro BDSM feminists turn to support us also because they don't believe that guys are stronger than girls, and that's why they think that anti-BDSM feminists are sexist, as they make sadism a masculine thing, and masochism a feminine thing, and pro BDSM feminist don't believe that guys are more violent and stronger, therefore sadism a somewhat violent sexual attraction can't be guyish.

honestly can't u guys just accept science,

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2014 at 07:25 PM ----------

i actually kinda agree with u when u said it's more complicated than that , guys being sadists more isn't necessarily caused by violentness or aggressiveness, because sadists aren't psychologically more violent, they might beat people more, but in non-sexual situations, they aren't more violent, take for example, if u piss off a sadists, his tendency to beat u up isn't more than vanillas, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadism_and_masochism_(as_medical_terms), scroll down to the part that says empirical research. And the only evidence i have about guys turn to be sadists more because of violentness and aggressiveness is by american psychological association( i can no longer find that link), and psychology isn't science, no I'm serious it isn't, it's social studies, but guys being more violent and aggressive and therefore becoming sadists more is definitely more sense making than patriarchy causing them to be so

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2014 at 07:32 PM ----------

once again, here goes my semi-scientific essay

20. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pro BDSM feminists also turns to be pro sexual liberation, especially of woman, and that's one reason why they support us, cos if bdsm is more liked in society, kinky woman would be sexually more free, and in a sexually unfreed world, woman turn to have more restrictions than man, well, as in a sexually free world, woman might have same amount of sexual freedom as man

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2014 at 05:31 PM ----------

btw i mean a sadist is someone who is sexually attracted toward other people getting pain, while masochist is someone who is sexually attracted tower themselves getting pain.