1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Transition to Gay!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by biggayguy, Aug 27, 2013.

1. biggayguy

The odd thing is that I think many of my gay friends saw this years ago when I was in college calling myself bi'. I got mad when they suggested I was only in transition. They got frustrated and mostly quit talking to me. I have at least one gay friend on Facebook that has stuck with me through it all. He used to be quite promiscuous but now he's a respectable college instructor. He has a sexual history to rival Jack McFarlane's.

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2013 at 06:53 PM ----------

No, I went all the way too! The first thirty five years of my life were spent as a straight man with some gay encounters.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is frustrating, to have your identity invalidated from those in a similar position, who are oppressed and should know better. Sexuality can take years to figure out, and if you truly feel you are this or that, no one has any right to belittle you or your choices.

Those types of 'friends' are simply not worth having around if they can't accept you for you.

3. nwor55

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went from identifying as straight to identifying as bisexual in my mid-20's, but not actually experiencing men until my late 40's, and then identifying as gay at age 52.

4. whyme10

Big gay guy you are the best. I found myself that it was a natural course to go from bi to gay. When I came out to myself I considered myself bi. It only took a few times in bed with a man to know that wasn't true. Though I am married and love her as a friend I can hardly bear to touch her. It is just so sad I wish I could have been honest with myself years ago but I wasn't. I could have saved her these final years of misery.
    I have a man and yes have had a couple that want me to leave her for them. But it's not as easy as that. I recently have met a wonderful gay man that is partnered but his partner is unable to have sex. He has his permission to see others. We have seen each other and it seems like it will work for both of us. I truly hope so because it will allow me to meet my needs sexually and keep my life somewhat together. And it is the same for him. I hope it will last for many years.

My worst fear is that we will fall in love but I will handle that if it happens.
    Anyway you just keep on growing my friend it is a great time for you just make the best of the gift you ave been given. Whyme10. :thumbsup:

5. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Ha! I hate musicals, shopping and cock, guess that makes me a lesbian! :wink:

Nothing better than an AHA! moment is there BGG? Enjoy the clarity!

6. DesertTortoise

I sort of skipped that stage... but if this had opened for me earlier (finding that I really lusted after men), I think I might have found myself there.

7. biggayguy

About Facebook: I changed my cover photo to two gay teddy bears holding each other.

8. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    They were right though, and possibly meant no harm and were just trying to help him. Maybe he would've gotten where he is now faster he had listened to them. This being judgmental thing goes both ways.

9. flatlander48

Even with some common aspects, everyone's journey is different. It has to make sense to the person trying to sort things out or it won't work. It has always been curious to me why there can be such hostility within the community when really every one of us is needed. I don't see how we can afford to alienate one another. We will ALWAYS be a minority and people seem to forget that.

10. biggayguy

Yes, they were very good friends that saw something I didn't. I was constantly checking out my friend, S. Everyone checked him out. He is that hot! He was actually offered a modeling contract but turned it down to finish his degree. Don't blame them for my denial.

11. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    O_O As off topic as this may be, why in the would would he do such a thing?! You can get a degree anytime, but beauty usually has an expiration date.