1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys: ever "wolf whistled" a guy you like on the street?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flikflak1, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Meropspusillus

I find wolf-whistling to be thoroughly creepy. I find that it's pretty disrespectful to whoever the target is.

2. Northern

When it happened to me I didn't think it was for me, but I was the only walking that certain way so I figured it out a minute later...

I don't know how I would feel if someone did it to me and I knew right away, I guess it is one way of showing their favour but I think a hello would be nicer :icon_bigg

3. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeeppp

4. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aside from the fact that wolf-whistling is creepy and that I can't wolf-whistle, wolf-whistling at a guy, when you're a guy, in this day and age? That's just not safe.

5. Hrantou

I "Wolf Whistle" with my eyes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Jameson

I can't whistle. If I could, I would probably do it to someone I know personally, not to a random stranger. With that said, I still don't think it's horribly creepy when you do it to a stranger, and to me it's just harmless fun. However most of the time it goes from a whistle to "hey nice tits/ass!" especially when directed at women. I've heard stories where women are then insulted if they don't respond as well.

I feel like a short whistle, or maybe a gaze or light compliment is alright.

7. IanGallagher

I don't do it to girls and I wouldn't do it to guys. It just makes the other person feel on the spot.

8. flikflak1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about famous people at gigs and stuff? Event had a crush on male celebrity and they have appeared on stage, so you have whistled to show your appreciation. Surely, this isn't as bad as doing it to a stranger!

9. Munyal

I can't whistle, and even if I could, it just screams "creeper." But I've never been whistled at, but it seems weird.

10. biggayguy

Actually, I whistled at a construction worker. There was a lot of noise. He looked around but I don't think he realized it was me. He looked like the guy from the Village People.

11. Abbra

I live on the main street of my town and have had cat calls, whistles, and sexual advances yelled at me ever since I was eleven years old.

So no, I don't like it and I won't do it. I guess I'm not a guy, so it doesn't technically count, but I normally do everything else with my guy friends. Wolf whistling is one of those things I just don't approve of.

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think whistles/cat calls seem creepy. Sometimes random girls have tried to say sexually suggestive things to me, but sadly many times I think they're trying to humiliate me since I look so serious and nerdy/shy. A few times have the compliments been harmless, like recently when someone from a group of [high school?] girls yelled out "I like your glasses!" and then giggling as I was walking by some outdoor cafe tables. It took me a moment to realize they could only be talking to me, which made me blush and attempt to walk along as if nothing happened. In that case, it made my day (even if the girls were being a little facetious).

13. GayNerd

Could somebody tell me what "Wolf Whistling" is???

14. Goblin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It isn't because the celebrity is out there publicly performing and a whistle (like clapping) is an accepted way to show appreciation. Also at a gig the celebrity has basically made it so that they are receiving attention (different from a celebs private life) so it's okay. Also I don't know about the rest of you but I think of wolf whistling as being different from normal whistling.

I don't really think its okay to wolf whistle at random people on the street. You are putting unwanted sexual attention on them in a very public setting. I think wolf whistling should just be less of a thing.

Now joking around with friends or significant others? I've definitely wolf whistled then because it's fun to do.

#34 Goblin, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The whistling part is kind of out there. I've just looked a little too long, and have gotten caught doing it (I've posted some of those stories) and was embarrassed. A weird thing happened to me on the street once. I was downtown in a medium sized city and found parking for my car. It was just a neighborhood of bigger buildings. As I fed the meter, a guy walked by and flicked his eyebrows up and down at me, or whatever doing that with one's eyebrows is called. A bi friend who was with me laughed and made a comment which wouldn't be too PC to post.

16. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, wouldnt be caught dead doing one. Even if i was straight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Maybe as a joke but it is way too tacky!

17. Hexagon

No, and I wouldn't do it. Most women I've met hate it, and I don't see why a man wouldn't feel the same.

18. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic

The problem is not a guy whistling , the problem is a guy you dont know whistling you, it still feels harassing when is a guy whistling a guy, as a straight guy i know this. Wolf whistling among friends is fine, or with someone you are a bit familiar with. But a stranger? No.... Maybe if its is a woman, as for a instinctual reason , that i dont understanf fully, it doesnt creeps me out or any straight guy when a woman wolf whistle specialy if she is hot. Is not something i really control, is a feeling that happens, it might have to do with some old survival instinct within each person.

19. srslywtf

There's nothing actually wrong with it, but yeah alot of people in our society have negative connotations of it, usually because of the stereotypical idiot guys that whistle at girls

20. ClosetedMan

Out Status:
    A few people
    No way I could bring myself to do that...mind you it's not because I've not seen a few dudes in public that for some reason seem so attractive that I lose all train of reasonable thought.

On a side note & in my mind somewhat related. I was at a several day, out of state, convention a while back and was the subject of another mans unwelcome attention. Started out he merely complimented me and said I looked like Brad Paisley. This was followed up by increasingly aggressive behavior including groping me while I was in mixed company. This would not have been acceptable to me even if I was attracted to him. And sure as hell didn't impress those around me.