1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your most irrational fear?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lunarchy, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Hun

Hun

Being stranded thousands of miles from civilization. However, it's weird, because that's something I'd absolutely love, but am terrified about at the same time.

2. BornInTexas

the germs! D:

3. kem

kem

Not sure if it counts as an irrational fear, I suppose it does, but I am paranoid that reality isn't what it really is and I'm actually somewhere else entirely. Also I fear sometimes (irrationally) that I lose control of myself and snap and do something like break something expensive or jump off the balcony...

Also I have an irrational fear of dogs though I've weaned that off mostly.

4. Onyxknight

I think that's why I used t o have a fear of driving near bodies of water. I'd get scared that I was gonna jerk the wheel for some reason, and drown myself.

I don't have a fear of it, but I'll occasionally get this feeling, usually when in a public restroom, that I'm not where I think I am, that I'm not actually on the toilet, that I'm still sitting in my seat.

5. biggayguy

Have you ever woke up from a dream and wondered if that was reality and this was a dream? I have. It makes you wonder if we are all in an artificial Matrix. :wink:
    My biggest fear is waking up during surgery or in a casket.

#65 biggayguy, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. hereliesfreedom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Another that crawls or slithers(spiders, snakes,...etc.) and heights

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heights. And because of that, low-railed balconies.

Also, trains. I never ever ever ever evereverevereverevereverever*GASP*everevereverevereverever want to get hit by a train. Especially Amtrak.

I also just remembered buzzy stingy things. I hate buzzy stingy things. And tornadoes.

8. swimmertriangle

My biggest fear is probably bugs crawling in my mouth. I honestly don't know why but the thought of bugs in my mouth and throat has given me nightmares :angry:

9. Exstatic

cockroach! cockroach! cockroach!!! I can't kill them. I can kill rats but i just can't kill cockroaches!!!

10. ScatteredEarth

Spiders, cockroaches, scorpions.... Oh and any form of un-naturally large insect.. I hate you Bethesda >.<

Strange thing is I'm amazingly comfortable with snakes.. (The ones that arent poisonous that is.)

#70 ScatteredEarth, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  11. timo

Geese scare the fuck out of me and I have no idea why. They're just scary.

12. Caleb93

Bodies of water. It's not a paralyzing fear or anything, but I definitely feel much more comfortable on dry ground. I can swim and I'll go in the pool if I'm with friends, but I won't dive or swim deep underwater. If I'm at the beach, I won't go out any farther than waist-deep. I won't swim in lakes or anywhere that I can't see the bottom. I like land.

13. FrostyWhiskers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm mildly agoraphobic. To the point that it makes every day life a challenge, but not to the point that said challenge is insurmountable.

14. kem

kem

Hasn't happened to me yet, but sometimes my dreams are so vivid and close to real life that after a while they almost feel like memories.

15. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
  16. Northern

Stoves/Ovens.

I once almost got killed by a microwave falling on me (I was like five) and for some reason since that time I have feared ovens and stoves, yet I use microwaves a lot.

17. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Any kind of mutilation or loss of a sense. I often unintentionally go into a paranoid train of thought of "what if?" Specialy losing my eyes or my penis.

Sleep paralisis... It have never happened to me but after knowing about it, every time i remember that phenomena when im about to sleep i just start fearing going to sleep because i fear i could go throught sleep paralisis.

It doesnt happen frequently but sometimes at night i think " what if i get a nightmare?" Then i dont want to sleep cause i fear having a nightmare

Demons, and monsters of my imagination, specialy when i close my eyes i think i will see something when i open them. But since i became a writer i have gained more control of them through creating stories about those creature and changing the genre from horror to action. Maybe i imagine i have superpowers and a katana and im fighting those monster. Another thing i have done is "making friends" with one particulary annoying entity of my imagination (some humanoid creature with holes where eyes should be, and a body made of something with is like a inbetween of flesh and tree branches.) who has the custom of watching me while i sleep (in my imagination of course) so i just imagine myself having a civilized conversation or i often ask him to guard the door of my room. Another solution to this fear is changing papers: i become an evil spirit and i mischeivously scare the hell out of people. Is less frightning when you imagine you are the one being scary.

Oh, and evrytime i remember the evil girl of the ring, i imagine her having a stereotypical "girls fight" with the possesed girl of the exorcist: pull each other hair, slap each other call each other "sl*t/b*tch, etc. so i make it funny :lol:

Anothe fear i have is centepedes, to the point i freak out when i see one at the internet. Oh, i remeber a video game where one of the boss was a centepede...dear lord what a long fight.

I fear the possibility of a war or any drastic event causing massive destruction where i live and suddenly transforming my life forever.

---------- Post added 5th Aug 2013 at 11:04 AM ----------

Just see it as living multiple lives and deaths until we run out of mini lives. You are the same person because whatever remakes your body and brain have to be constant in order to mantain everything a copy of the original. Maybeyou can identify yourself with that permanence instead of attaching your self to the parts that change.

Its also reassuring to think of some hetereal thing, maybe a soul or some weird thing of a 7th or 8th dimension that is connected to your body and keeps you being you even when your body and brain changes.

18. UndercoverGypsy

Just see it as living multiple lives and deaths until we run out of mini lives. You are the same person because whatever remakes your body and brain have to be constant in order to mantain everything a copy of the original. Maybeyou can identify yourself with that permanence instead of attaching your self to the parts that change.

Its also reassuring to think of some hetereal thing, maybe a soul or some weird thing of a 7th or 8th dimension that is connected to your body and keeps you being you even when your body and brain changes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but see, it's terrifying nonetheless that this one mini-life is going to die soon. This me will most likely never experience some of the most important parts of my life - no loss of virginity, no marriage, no first job, nothing. I'll just disappear and everyone will be none the wiser because there will just be a different instance of me.

Sadly, I would be a hypocrite to believe in souls seeing as I'm the least spiritual person I know. The whole thing is utterly depressing, and it's made more depressing by the fact that I can't do anything but think about it.

19. rose94

I have a fear of vacuum cleaners, bad experience. But I am challenging it and getting over that one.

Also, sometimes I fear going to sleep and I don't know why. I feel like something terrible is going to happen if I fall asleep. And then I get really grumpy because I've not had any sleep. Go me! lol

20. InsanityIsAwake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Darkness.. There is nothing there but it's still scary