General News Zimmerman NOT GUILTY

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AlamoCity, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, so would I. It's possible to appear to be following someone without having malicious intent. For example, I really freaked out a police officer because I was following him for five miles. But the thing is, I was driving into town, using regularly busy streets, and my home happened to be in the exact area he was patrolling. When we got into my neighborhood, he pulled over and waited for me to go by. I can totally understand if he felt afraid or was even considering pulling me over for a stop to ask me to explain myself. If he had come over with gun drawn, I wouldn't have been at all surprised. My malicious intent would have been correct for him to assume, even if wrong in this case.

Why not?

If you're being followed, and the situation is not yet escalated, you should give the benefit of the doubt and retreat. But suppose someone is giving you a hostile look, staring at you, speeding up when you walk faster, or taking an unnecessarily circuitous path to follow you. Those are all signs for you to reasonably assume that said person is out to hurt you and you should (from a moral view) be able to strike back, even though the law's requirement of imminent threat is not yet met.

Ziester Adrian

2. Foxface

Really though? The 9/11 operator said we don't need you to do that and Zimm couldn't tell that was saying stop following him? Yeah I am sorry...murder two...not really...but manslaughter could have sufficed. That points to a lot for me. He was asked to stop following and he pursued.

Foxface

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes and they have the right to shoot me because of the color of my skin thanks for telling me know . We all know trayvon didn't just start punching him out of no where but whatever .

4. Dan82

This is one of the most common myths of the case when the dispatcher said “we don’t need you to do that” Zimmerman was already out of the car. Here’s the “911” call:[YOUTUBE]gp8mrdw[/YOUTUBE]

Zimmerman got out of the car at 2:10-2:13, heavy breathing became noticeable at 2:19, the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" at 2:26, Zimmerman stops breathing heavy at about 2:39, throughout the rest of the call Zimmerman had no idea where Martin was. the altercation took place about 100-175 feet from Zimmerman's car about 4 minutes after the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that". based on the distance from the car my guess is that once the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" Zimmerman stayed where he was(if he keep moving he would have been further from his car), Martin not wanting to lead Zimmerman to his house circled around and they then bumped in to each other with both parties believing the other was up to no good. once that happened the chances of something going wrong were very high.

5. sguyc

No we dont, thanks for displaying your ignorance.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First of all that is why trayvon got killed because he was black and also because of how black men are stereotyped as thugs or just plain angry . So of course when i see some one my own race get shot just because he was walking around in a town of course it would give me anxiety and i'm not the ignorant one you are .
    Yeah I might be wrong about it but seeing this sends me a message that i am not safe in my own country .

7. catatonie

haha, white people.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I didn't say anything about white people was just stating that the verdict made me scared where did i say white people and white people aren't the only people that display racism other races do it too

9. catatonie

i was just having a little chuckle because of how ironic it is for someone who's not a victim of institutionalised racism to call someone who is genuinely afraid for their life ignorant.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have experienced racism in my life I feel for trayvon because he's black and i am black and if I had a son i wouldn't want that to happen to him . Same way if some one gay or lesbian got mistreated i would feel for them .

#110 stocking, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  11. catatonie

absolutely
    i don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to see the prejudice and injustice in Tayvon's murder and the acquittal of his murderer
    but that's what makes it even more frightening, because they're still trying to find reasons his murder was justifiable (hoodie, grills, smoke, "thug") when it's very obvious they mean "because he was black".

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah it's the whole stereotypes that people believe about black people it's a shame

13. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Frankly, I'm just still trying to grasp why the ruling was "not guilty."

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The laws for the Martin Family did not do a good job proving trayvon's side i think they should have fought harder lisa bloom was right .
    That's one part of it

15. Dan82

because the evidence suggested that it was self defense.

16. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think he should have gotten convicted of something. Zimmerman made the choice to follow Trayvon which instigated all this and pulled the trigger. On the other hand a person has a right to walk in public, but where does that walking turn into following? Cases exist where two guys get into a fight and one of them is permanently injured or killed and the guy who walked away gets convicted of something. I think this case gives a pass to people who kill others and then claim self defense, at least in Florida. The deceased can't tell his side of the story and there aren't always reliable witnesses. The case is really sad and many lives have been ruined by the choices made that night.

17. Night

Night Guest

I agree with the ruling.