1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vhrebels, May 6, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

What are your opinions on the plant? Have you tried it? Do you think it should be legalized? I personally do, because it has helps me with my OCD. I am a complete perfectionist, and I am always stressed out due to emotional problems caused by my obsession over grades and getting into college, and cannabis has helped calm me down. Back in middle school, I would be emotionally distraught over certain things, and weed has seriously helped me relax ocassionally. Also, it's really fun to be with friends when high. Me and a few friends toked up before going to Six Flags, and the roller coasters were epic! Also, cannibus makes some of the dumbest stuff funny lol. And it makes music sound incredible. Definitely listen to Goliath by the Mars Volta and anything by the Doors or Grateful Dead. Anyways, what do you think about marijuana?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it should be legalized. I won't touch the stuff with a ten-foot pole personally, but smoking it harms no one in a way that tobacco doesn't.

My dad admitted to using it occasionally. He says it relaxes him, and that I wouldn't need it anyway because I'm so chill already about everything XD.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Legalize it. Make it to where you need a government license to make and sell it. Tax it like cigarettes, gas, etc. Instant money for the US. That's my philosophy on it. I've never done it, but if it was legal I'm not saying I /would/ use it, but I might do it once to see what it's like.

4. NeatlyOrganized

I think marijuana should be legalized, not just for its relative harmlessness, but also for its medicinal benefits. I believe the only reason it isn't 100% legal for recreational use is there are so many private growers, as well as distributors that it would be incredibly hard for the government to privatize, tax, and turn an immediate profit (it could easily be done over time) that they would rather punish the people that do. The only reason this plant ruins lives is our governments are throwing people in jail over it, and at that point they lose their jobs, and have a wrap sheet making it near Impossible to find a job, in conclusion the judicial system, and our governments are ruining lives. Prohibit tomatoes, cabbage, or even tobacco. Marijuana is not a drug (depending on how you personally interpret that word), I've been hooked on, prescribed to, and have tried nearly any thing I'd imagine the majority, not all of you obviously, can name, and I say marijuana is not a drug. Frequent smoker for about 5 or 6 years. Thanks if you actually read my opinion.

#4 NeatlyOrganized, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  5. Sully

According to a documentary I've seen it causes 3x the lung damage than tobacco. Not sure on whether or not it was per gram, or per cigarette/joint.

In the long run, I don't think pot will do you any favours.

It does do harm mentally and physically. It it were smoked in equal quantities to tobacco it'd be far more damaging. It drains your motivation and really does change people.

I haven't looked up much on the legalisation for it, but my presupposition suggests it SHOULD NOT be legalised.

But alas! I'll happily have a joint every now and then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In school at least, a drug was defined as "any substance (other than food) that alters the body's normal function." So yeah, wacky-tobaccy still qualifies. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Aielar

I've tried it, liked it, but haven't touched it since. On one hand, I think it should be legalized so everyone (including myself) can shut up about whether or not it should be legalized. On the other, something tells me that if it does get legalized and the government places a tax on it, the public service industries (namely health care, childcare, and education) won't see much of that money support them instead of the chronic cutbacks on important things. So...I'm on the fence about it.

8. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much this. I've never smoked it and don't plan to but I think it should be legalized 100%

9. Aya McCabre

Definitely legalise it. In New Zealand at the moment there are some problems emerging about synthetic substitutes that do much more damage than actual marijuana. The one that's around at the moment seems to cause permanent health effects in some people, as well as being addictive and causing crime when people are addicted but can't afford it. When it's banned the manufacturers will just replace part of the molecular structure with something else and that substance will be legal. They started by selling the safest one, so every time they ban one the replacement is more dangerous. None of this would happen if marijuana was legal. Even if you ignore the health benefits to some people, it's considerably more safe than alcohol and legalising it would keep a lot of people out of jail. It just doesn't make sense that alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.

I also have to say that the legalise marijuana protest I stumbled upon the other day was the very definition of a peaceful protest. I'm sure you can imagine.

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Legalise it of course. Why should I, or anyone else care about anyone else's business regarding their use of marijuana? Anyway, alcohol is way worse of a drug than pot. Hell, I've only had it once but I'd love to have it medically, considering the shit ton of depression and anxiety problems I have. It seems nice.

11. NeatlyOrganized

I hate to be the one to tell you you've been misinformed, but the documentary you watched sounds like 100% propaganda. Marijuana causes little to no damage to your lungs if anything it's the paper it's rolled in and even that can be avoided by a clever invention called the bowl, and there are thousands of ways to intake thc without any smoke inhalation at all. It has been proven in recent studies that marijuana does in fact reduce the amount of cancerous cells in the bodies of cancer patients, including those with lung cancer :thumbsup:. To say marijuana makes people unmotivated is complete and utter slander, if a person is unmotivated they could possibly smoke marijuana, but I know for a fact that marijuana will only make you lazy for the few hours it has an effect on your body after you ingest it, and once you've developed a tolerance to its effects not at all. Personally for example I'm an avid pot smoker, but I can confidently say I'm one of the hardest, and most motivated workers at the health food store I work at, and am one of only a few that smoke pot. To say it does any long term damage would be like saying drinking water causes long term damage. You've been informed through propaganda my friend, a fear campaign created to allow the people in control to continue to punish those supplying it.

The reason I don't label marijuana as a drug (which is commonly defined as a mind altering substance) is because my own interpretation of what a drug is, is a mind altering substance with the potential to be addictive, and/or cause damage to the body, or mind.

12. Gallatin

I haven't tried it, nor do I really care to. I find the smell to be awful. That being said, I do support marijuana being decriminalized. Right now, (in the U.S.) we arrest hundreds of thousands of people on marijuana-related charges, put them in jail or prison, and cause them to have a drug charge on their permanent record for the rest of their lives (potentially causing problems when applying for a job, trying to get federal aid for education or housing, etc.). The way I see it, that's way too much punishment for smoking a joint or two.

13. Alexander69

Hell no it is a gate way drug. Legalizing it would be like saying its alright to do drugs and it is not! What next shrooms at the corner store becuase they are natural? At least cigarets don't make you out of you mind. Not under an influence. People driving high..... I don't think so that doesn't make me safe. A drug is a drug I consider cigarette a drug also due to the nicotine. I think it should all not be "illegal" but not made or planted! Stop the whole production as much as possible! Stop polluting the air!

14. catatonie

I smoke pretty regularly. I have bad anxiety and mild depression, and used to take chemicals medications for it but I don't believe the payoff was worth the effects. Though it's technically "self-medicating" it's done more good for me and my mental health than you'd think. Definitely not for everyone, but I know myself and my body before anyone tries to tell my otherwise. It's a plant.
    Also it's nice just to get lifted and chill and have fun. I definitely don't think it's the only way to enjoy music or movies or art, but there are situations where it definitely enhances to the point of hilarity.
    As for the legal debate, it's easy to get and carries little to no consequence here so I'm fine if it's never legalised for recreation. Most people who need it medically have no problem getting a card.
    in short, god bless cannabis.

15. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hate it with a passion, mostly due to personal reasons. I hate the smell and I don't like being around people who smoke it. If people would just in their homes and smoke it, I wouldn't have such an issue with it. I also hate dealing with people who are high when they come into the store I work at, I just don't like it.

BUT

I don't really care if they legalize it, people will still smoke it if they don't. If they do, I'm they put an age restriction on it and make it illegal to drive under the influence of it.

16. funkeln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I used to smoke I only liked to smoke when I was alone. not a fan of being high in public or with people. I would smoke and play video games or watch a movie and it just made it better(*caugh* masturbation *caugh*) but now it messes with my head and makes me anxious. oh well, I'm definitely better off without it and I do not miss it in the least.

I'm guilty of driving high many times, but I am a safe driver and it only heightened my senses. I know many people who can not handle being high and thus I agree that driving while high should be illegal with serious consequences.

17. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It - as with all drugs - should be legalized.
    But I don't ever want to use it.

18. JPC

JPC Guest

To the best of my knowledge, it is completely decriminalised here in Spain and adults are permitted to cultivate marijuana plants (I think one per adult) for their own personal consumption in private spaces. I'm not entirely sure that that's the case, but I've heard it from several different people here. I know people here who regularly buy it, in fact there's a part of the city where it is widely known that marijuana is readily available, and everybody, including the police, completely turn a blind eye.
    Personally, I believe that it should be legal, or at least decriminalised,l for the simple reason that people are going to use it anyway so I feel it would be better if it were regulated. Personally, it has little effect on me, less than alcohol in fact, but I really hate the smell, and I don't smoke normally, so I don't use it often. I don't necessarily buy the whole gateway argument either, I know there's probably some validity to it, but I don't think that just because I smoke a bit of pot that I'll soon think it's o.k. to do a line of cocaine, but that's just my opinion.

19. Pain

Pain Guest

I've heard that THC lowers cell division rates, and that's probably not all as for adverse effects, but if something as vile as tobacco cigarettes are legal, why not something that's more natural anyway?

20. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it should be legalized. It makes no sense that marijuana is illegal, and alcohol, which is a lot more dangerous and less medicinal, is legal.