1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scolosis and back pain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MerBear, Jan 14, 2013.

1. MerBear

you did , thank you and tell your mom i said thank you too. and my left one is higher than my right , if that helps

2. Yui

Yui

Then remember to always pull your left shoulder down a bit so that your shoulders are even. You can practice that in front of a mirror and memorize the feeling when you get it right so you can also correct yourself when theres no mirror around (at school, while eating etc.). And alternate shoulders when carrying bags.

You're welcome :slight_smile: And my mom says she's glad she could help :slight_smile:

3. SnowLeopardLove

i actually have severe scoliosis and have had since i was a kid....

i am in major amounts of pain as well, my doc is looking into fybromalgia as it is very strange how the pain seems to radiate all along my spine, into my hips, and around my shoulders, down my arms and into my legs.... (imagine a huge egg shaped ball of pain that pretty much surrounds everything from mid neck to knees and goes around the eldbows, yeah its not pretty :/)

anyways, i started seeing a physio therapist today (after waiting 24 monthsd to get word about my surgeon being abkle to see me) and i will keep updating as much as i can with what excersises she is reccomending i do, so maybe you can do some of it too.....

with my back, its a 56-65 degree right convex curve (they cant find an exact measurement, as one x-ray said it was 65 degrees and then 3 weeks later it was 56 degrees.... silly doctors) so i am looking at surgery. i know the doctors are hesitant right now as i am a little over weight and i smoke (both of which i am correcting!!! yay! ) but this is going to ber a long road and my ultimate goal is to go back to being a normal 25 year old who doesnt feel like she is 50 some mornings.....

if you wanna inbox me, i will share as much of my knowledge as i can with you, i see my therapist twice a week starting january 25th, so its gonna be intense, but i am sure its going to be worth every ounce of pain to get healthier!

Take care

Snowy!