1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You guys have any awkward/cute habits? c:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Colin S, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an extremely specific routine for falling asleep.
    Actually, I have an extremely specific routine for just about everything. :icon_redf

2. LightningRider

Awkward?! Aw hell yes here is my time to shine! :lol:

-I have to hold juice poppers with both hands
    -I play with my bottom lip a lot (using either my teeth or fingers)
    -When I wet my lips I have to wet the corners of my mouth twice going right-left-right-left.
    -When I'm upset I don't blink and will run my hands along anything in reach - usually my arms or legs.
    -When I'm nervous I cross and uncross my fingers quickly, usually in a pattern
    -I rock back and forth when I'm hungry.
    -I rock side to side when I'm thirsty.
    -When I'm listening to a song I tilt my head to the side
    -I speak in baby-talk when I'm sleepy
    -I also run my hands all over my head or twirl my hair when I'm overly sleepy

There's probably a few more but it's midnight and I've started twirling ;P

OH OH OH!
    I just remembered the worst one!
    When I'm speaking I will randomly put on voices/accents and I have NO control over it and never realize I'm doing it unless someone points it out.

#42 LightningRider, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  3. Melissa

When I'm really nervous and have nothing to say, I'll randomly 'meow'. I get the strangest looks. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Jim

Jim

I do that too!

5. FunnyMonkey

I'm a really nervous person, someone can say hi to me and I'll jump and
    I also have a habit of playing with my hair when talking to people I don't know.

6. SheWhoHasNoName

1. when i eat m&ms i MUST put them in color order before I eat them
    2. when i eat chocolate, i HAVE TO break up all the pieces first and then eat them in a certain order
    3. when i can't sleep i hug my giant pink, purple, yellow, and orange stuffed leopard.
    4. i wiggle my nose if I'm curious
    5. i always have my supplies on my desk in the same place, no matter what desk I am at.
    6. i am a person of strange order. wherever I put something the first time i sit there, any other time i sit there it will have to be in the same place

7. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm upset I make this kinda low-pitched noise. It sounds like a sheep baah-ing.
    People find it very hard to comfort me without laughing.

8. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I also shake my head when im laughing really hard.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I "draw in the air" so to speak with my hands, or am constantly tapping my feet or picking my lips or squirming. I think I'm ADHD lol

My friends still remember how I would "draw in the air" in elementary but Ive stopped doing it so much...

10. caramba2654

Lol. When I'm angry, I make something that sounds like dubstep. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    -I talk to myself a lot when no one's around.
    -I hug a pillow when I sleep (It seems I'm very much not alone with this habit though :grin:!)
    -I hold my hands together when I'm nervous.
    -I tap my foot/shake my leg really quickly sometimes. Especially when I'm playing the piano.
    -I pinch/scratch/play/rest my hand against my lips when I'm thinking. And sometimes bite them too.

12. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an avid writer, and I do the exact same thing. Especially with classical music. You're not alone. :slight_smile:

13. hello1992

When i am nervous or feeling sad/uncomfortable i cross my arms on ym lap, holding both elbows

14. silkfrog1292

Whenever i speak with someone i find attractive and i don't really know, instead of freezing and not being able to speak like most people i start rambling and spewing long sentences with odd and difficult words choices. I don't know why i do it but it does not help one bit with impressing whoever that is i'm talking to.

I also talk to myself all the time...In fact i just freaked out my dad today when he heard me muttering to myself while doing homework

Oh, and the pillow thing? count me in

#54 silkfrog1292, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  15. CTJ

CTJ

If someone tries to comfort me, with a hug or a pat on the back, if i am in a negative mood then i get particularly awkward. I don't like being touched when in those moods and tend to scream "DONT TOUCH ME!". It makes me seem like a right anti-social weirdo.

16. Zendlar

I always cross my right leg under my left leg. And when I drink my pinky somehow always goes up unless I'm being concious about it.

17. ForceAndVerve

Biting my nails, especially when I'm upset, stressed or anxious.

Also I've noticed recently that at work, I hold a pen ALL the time. Even when I'm typing. And if I don't have a pen in my hand I feel like Ive lost a limb or something.

18. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I suppose I myself have a few somewhat noticeable tendencies;

- I almost always sit on legs (kneeling) even while in a chair, I just find it more comfortable.
    - I bite my lower lip a lot when slightly uncomfortable.
    - If I have my iPhone on me, you can guarantee I will get it out and do something on it in awkward/uncomfortable situations in order to make them less awkward and not seem rude. I.E. reading old texts as if they're new during uncomfortable silences.
    - When I'm rather drunk, I have a really terrible habit of spilling drinks. Somehow I just forget I'm holding them. It's rather awkward when you make a massive spill splotch on the carpet in a friend's house, and someone notices you and alerts everyone with a gasp or something. And this is how I got my personal rule of only drinking from cans or bottles at other people's houses.
    - I always cut my nails very short, and keep chewing on the skin where the nail outline used to be. I don't rip skin off or anything, I just have a habit of biting that area on my left thumb for some reason.
    - If I am sitting on a chair capable of spinning, you can guarantee I will spin on it.
    - I have an incredibly awkward habit of always putting my hand around my female friends shoulders, and quite often accidentally touching their boobs without realizing it. Thank god I'm gay otherwise I'd probably get a slap. This is the reason one of my straight friends thought for quite a while that I was pretending to be gay.

No others come to mind but I'm sure I have loads more.

All the best.

19. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I'm alone at home, which is most of the time, I speak out loud to myself. Not really thinking aloud or talking to myself so much as though I'm addressing another person.

Not that I pretend somebody's there, of course. That would be crazy....

20. GuidingLight

I push my glasses up a lot, I don't really know why. I bite my lip when im nervous. I guess, I kinda freak out a little if someone moved something and i cant find it lol it has to be a certain way or i cant relax.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2012 at 11:50 AM ----------

omg that is so funny you mentioned the accents. I do the same thing one in a blue moon. I also don't know why.