1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The f word?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CierraCadaver, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Of course I've had people call me a faggot! People call me butch, dyke, faggot, you name it. As a freshman girl, I had senior guys harass me hardcore. But, I just treat it like when somebody calls me fat or stupid or even when somebody calls me a bitch. It doesn't feel like a more hateful word to me and, the whole n-word thing is dumb too. When I hear black people walking around like "N*gga please, this n*gga, my n*gga." I wonder why they get so offended when somebody else says it. I don't say it because, I avoid arguments all together but, it makes no sense to me.

2. MichaelB

We're moving into a generation that's distanced enough away from those words when they were hurtful though.

I have a black friend that calls everyone w*ggas (white n*ggas). I have gay friends that call each other faggots/queers/dykes. I think we're far less cencored in this day and age than before.

I mean, I don't know about anywhere else, but in the UK, watching Dave you'll see multiple racist jokes/homophobic jokes etc, and I don't think anyone makes a big deal of it. For example myself, as a gay person, watching Family Guy/American Dad making several homophobic jokes, it doesn't bother me. /shrug.

I don't know what point I'm making, but... I feel like it's more to do with the age and progression of society than anything else. Atleast the generation I'm in, words and stuff are said more playfully and less offensively.

3. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't find the word offensive.

Sometimes, I catch myself jokingly calling my brother's the ''F'' word, and they do the same.

4. wc1

wc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sticks and stones....

5. Grantious

Personally i hate it in any context, mainly because how most straight young guys use it as a insult and the worst possible one at that. its almost its the worst possible thing that you could be, its like when your a kid and your mum or dad swear in front of you it creates a almost physiological shock so to speak.

6. rmf

rmf Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I HATE the word!

7. Valarie

Valarie Guest

I dont like it, yeah

even if jokingly, ...