Romney Would Want Gay Grandchildren Happily Unmarried

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pret Allez, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Originally from Queerty

It's easy to be cold to total strangers, as Romney has done recently when he told a lesbian that "he didn't care" what she told her kids about their relationship.

But he took it to a new level by saying that if his grandchildren turned out to be gay, he would want them to be happy; he would just do everything in his power to prevent them from being able to get married.

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, doesn't make it any less depressing unfortunately :frowning2:

3. Minamimoto_Fan

If Romney was my grandpa, I'd gladly tell him to shove it up where the sun don't shine. I don't care what he believes in, his beliefs should NOT influence my life.

4. Waterlilly

He wants them to be happy, but persecuted and unloved by their grandfather. That makes sense. :rolle:

5. dano22

dano22 Guest

My grandpa shares the same views as Romney but I can never imagine confronting my grandpa like that no matter what or ever coming out to him.

6. darlig ulv

I have a pin that says " May the child you save be gay". I give Mitt Romney and all the other conservatives a similar blessing on a daily basis.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well, Mitt strapped his own family dog to the roof of his car for a torturous 12-hour car ride, he's not one for empathy even when it comes to his own family. He's just a horrible person.

8. SkyDiver

I dislike him more and more as the days go by.

Please, God, oh PLEASE let Obama win. Anyone/anything is better than that monster.

9. Minamimoto_Fan

My extended family is the definition of dysfunction. They're very cold and critical, living examples of the redneck/hillbilly stereotype, and in general very homophobic. That's just my dad's family. My mom's family disowned her after she married my dad, so I don't get anything from them. I've heard homophobic/racial comments ever since I kid from these people. It surprises me that my parents came from where they did because they're some of the sweetest people I know.

I know that what I said seems uncouth for somebody to tell their grandfather, but to be honest my grandfather has no connection to me. However, Romney saying he wouldn't want his grandchildren getting married hits a little to close to home. It brings back bad memories when my grandparents were alive. My parents have kept contact between us and our family to a minimum, just to protect me. This is what I think of when Romney says what he says. You're suppose to love your family, and wish them happiness, and support them.

What Romney is saying is not loving. It is very hypocritical IMO. This whole thing just strikes a nerve with me. TBH, I'm frustrated with Romney, but said frustration always goes back to my family with everything he does. I just wish it was November already...

10. dano22

dano22 Guest

I can see what your saying from your point of view. I am against Romney and everything he stands for. Your story is very interesting to me and as much as my parents accept me I cannot imagine them doing that for me.

11. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

This is why I'm glad to be completely ignorant to American politics. How does this country even run?

12. Emberstone

lets just stop beating around the bush: it is hard not to view mormonisem as a cult when you watch members try to force their backwards agenda into american law.

13. Hsj22

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mitt Romney and the rest of the republican party are Nazis.

14. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Come on, lets not go there. There are enough facts to use against people without having to make ridcs claims -_-

15. rg93

TBH, as an ex-american citizen, I've had the Romney talk up to here *points to face-ish height*

If people just don't vote for him it would be fine. I don't get it, Obama is doing just great and he is a good guy. Don't fix what isn't broken, at least not if the whole country is influenced by this. :confused:

16. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The only thing Romney would see if one of his grandchildren told him that he/she was gay would be "potential political scandal". He'd throw his whole family under the bus if he thought it would win him the support of the ultra-conservatives. It's sad to see a man value power more than values or family or honesty or anything else.
    Rick Santorum...

17. Alln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's so sad :frowning2:

18. THEwolfKiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OK. I don't see how he is even able to run for prez. First of all, his views are bringing America back to the past. We should be moving ahead, not back. Second. I thought you were not allowed to bring religion and polatics together. Is that OK now?

19. Eric

Separation of Church and State is more of a concept than an actual law. It's also a concept that social conservatives don't quite seem to grasp.

20. Aquilo

This news about Romney reminded me of something Desmond Tutu (A famous South African human rights activist) said about Mitt Romney on Dutch television. That man has no heart.

[YOUTUBE]NWYW5fGUhjk&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]