1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could choose to be straight, would you do it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bob94, Jun 9, 2012.

1. sguyc

Ya I would. But that doesn't mean I am not happy with myself as I am now. I would also choose to be famous and extremely extroverted if I could.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, because my superiority complex is too strong.

3. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

I am physically, mentally, and sexually attracted to guys, but I could live the lie again and love a woman, I could do it. But I like being gay. I have had some gay friends in the past and met a lot of gay people in the past that I really enjoyed meeting and knowing. Now there all gone, moved on with there lives or died from AIDS... I miss them... I hate being lonely, depressed, suicidal. I hate wondering whats wrong with me, why nobody wants to be with me, know me, make love to me. Ya, I could live the lie again. But I wont, because I like the memories that I have and hopefully someday I will make more. I like being different.

4. BornAnew

Not really no....even though this has caused a massive rift in my family now & years of struggle on that front.

For some reason I have always believed that I am really lucky in many ways & that my life is meant to be full of happiness (yeah I know how naive this sounds but I truly believe it)...and to be frank it has been for the most part. Whatever I am is what I need to accept because if I don't then how can I make my life 100% happy?

My answer would have been different a while back as I thought to make my life fully happy I would have to be straight...but I simply don't believe this anymore.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I wouldn't. I have finally accepted myself. It would be a big change for me to suddenly like men...

6. Tycho

Probably not.
    I think I've developed a whole area of my life, personality and beliefs as a result of being gay. It's opened my eyes to a huge part of the world that I never really gave much attention before I realized I wasn't straight. It has also given me something to fight for - I'm not really part of any other marginalized 'minority' groups in my community besides LGBTQ.

It's tough but it has made my life a whole lot more interesting.

7. Snowy song

Hmmm...I've thought about this one quite a bit. I'm not sure if this is taking things too far, but I feel like being not straight has had an effect on me far before I figured it out. So, I don't have a clue what it would be like to be straight. Here's one thing I'd love to do: be straight for just one hour. I just want to know what it's like to walk down a hallway at school without freaking out about what the person behind you is thinking about you and your sexuality. (With the exception of my few newly made queer friends...)I have never known what it's like to not feel like an outsider, even among my friends

Would I chose to be straight? Had you asked this to me when I was 11 or 12? Most certainly. Now? I don't think so. Being gay has been so, so hard, but it's taught me so much. It's taught me to be thankful for friendship, and it's taught me what loving yourself actually means. I guess having the experience of being terrified with oneself and learning to turn fear into love makes you stronger, and while I wish it were easier to be gay, I think I'm a stronger person for it.

8. dreamcatcher

Yes I would. Being gay hasn't really taught me anything and it doesn't feel like an integral part of who I am. It's just brought me more complications, made me feel more different, and it is very likely that my family will be torn apart by this so I would definitely choose to be straight. I'm also not connected to the gay community right now so it's not like if I were to be straight it would be a huge loss. Being straight would just make my life easier and a lot happier so I would definitely choose that. But of course that won't happen so all I can do is accept it and move on.

9. NotYetOut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In a heartbeat...:tears:

10. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would, probably. But that's just because I'm in the closet right now. lol, sigh.

11. Drakey

probably. I could at least be sure and confident of who I was instead of this constant internal battle

12. Linthras

Linthras Guest

No, then I wouldn't be me any more.
    Besides I'm perfectly happy with my sexuality.

13. King

King Guest

If you mean like, suddenly I was attracted to females, YES. Absolutely. But if you mean my entire self would be changed to "a straight guy" then probably not. I get along really well with women and would love it if I could pursue them. :/

EDIT:

And, ✔

14. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I would rather be bi then straight.

15. Just Passing

A couple of years ago, I would have definitely said yes. Being with a woman as opposed to being with a man would allow for a sense of fitting in with the majority and it would allow for an equal in another gender, as well as nobody really judging it on a major scale.

Now, I feel better about myself and the fact that being gay is just another part of my personality, much like all my other traits. Plus, no woman deserves someone as awful as me on their side, so I'm doing them a favour. :grin:

16. SA Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, i'd prefer to enjoy being myself as i am but at the moment i want nothing more than to be straight, relax and not constantly lie around my friends. Although i would like even more to gain confidence come out and everyone accept me for who i am:slight_smile:.

17. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I wouldn't change one bit about myself. Over the years I've come to learn to love my self. I love everything about me, changing my sexuality just wouldn't be the REAL me at all.

18. toms7

i am only going to say life is not interesting if its easy!

19. Linthras

Linthras Guest

^This^

20. mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably a vain reason, but no, I wouldn't because I like sex with men too much..