1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Writers Out There?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ThatCoopKid, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ThatCoopKid

What's it about, if you don't mind my asking?

2. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's about this teenage girl who works at a mall and then she gets attacked by this guy, and ends up getting trapped in the mall with the guy. Then these monsters start appearing and she starts thinking that she's starting to go insane.

3. ThatCoopKid

That sounds pretty awesome! Just relax and take a breather. Listen to some music, watch a movie or episode of a TV show you like, or take a walk. If you try to force it, it just makes the writer's block worse. Or, it does for me at least.

4. WOW. i love your signature. It made me laugh.

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2012 at 01:02 AM ----------

I like to write, but I've never written anything meant for other eyes.

5. Cascade

I consider myself a writer despite not having written any stores in a few years. Well that's not entirely true, I started an RP but then life got too busy so I never finished.

I write fiction and science fiction, that's about the extent of my ability. It's been a while since I've written though...

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I'm a writer! :slight_smile: I used to write fanfiction but recently I've given that up in order to concentrate on improving my writing in terms of writing my own stories. I'm currently working on a book which I would categorize as 'general'. It's about music, LGBT, fame and self-discovery, but the romance aspect isn't the forefront of the story.

7. Leora

I would class myself under that label.
    I write a lot of dystopian stuff, along with the occasional fantasy or real life story, but dystopia stories are my true love. :]
    Though I hardly have time for it with all the schoolwork and things at the moment. ;_;

8. Of Mice and Men

Me too, nearly all of my stories are in dystopian stories. That's my favorite thing to write about. :slight_smile:

I'm actually currently writing a novel about a dystopian society now. :grin:

9. Leora

Ah, same! What's yours about, if you don't mind my asking? :slight_smile: I understand if you'd rather not.

10. Mobiusponder

I'm a writer - finished a book, actually. I write about identity a lot for obvious reasons, it's usually just letting my id take the wheel. My id is crazy.
    I think I write OK, though. Gonna teach some english at some point in the future. That's what my degree's in, so I mean ... that's what I'm gonna do. Makes some sense, right?

11. ultrabluecheese

I tend to write a lot of short stories that are slice-of-life stories; stories that, for some reason, deal with nothing particularly special except the fact that the narrative style is generally stream-of-consciousness (or something very close to it). I guess I'm not quite creative enough to tackle fantasy, horror, sci-fi, or other genres. :lol:

I generally steer away from having a set protagonist and, instead, choose to have an entire cast of characters who are part of an emotional machine. I took a cue from Chaucer's Wife of Bath from The Canterbury Tales, so my characters are typically deeply wounded, mortally flawed individuals—and I inject some of my own follies into them as well

12. caughtbywitness

I have loads of ideas that I never see through :frowning2:

13. ThatCoopKid

That actually sounds really cool and interesting! That I'm not quite sure I could pull off. If it doesn't have set characters or a plot I typically can't figure out how to make it move along.

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2012 at 05:22 PM ----------

That's how I used to be too :frowning2: For me, it was because I was daunted by the task of actually writing it. But, I broke down the idea I wanted to do and then took it one chunk at a time. Worked out pretty well :slight_smile: Hopefully you get to the point where you can bring some of those ideas to paper!

14. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow everyone is writing all these cool stories about science fiction and other cool genres and I write about boring erotica...Such is life.

15. ThatCoopKid

There's someone else who writes erotica?!?! Finally!! haha. I don't write it as much as I'd like to, but I do. I'd probably share it, if I could find a place where people would be interested in reading it.

16. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I submitted a few stories to a website, but then after that all the stories I've written over the past 10 years I keep them up on a blog. Then I have the website listed and sometimes websites will put out the same stories to multiple addresses so that gives me some what good audience. I just started actually going back to old stories and re-writing them cause when you've been doing it for a while your writing skills improve a great deal. I read one of my first stories and thought "I could write this to make it sound WAY better than the original".

Recently I started to re-write this one story but it's me basically testing the waters. At first I was writing the same boring kind of stories had people tell me I should expand my horizons and write about this or that in my stories. Never limit yourself to just one thing, try writing a lot of different situations and possibly new things that you wouldn't typically write about.

17. Of Mice and Men

Oh. I totally missed this! It's basically about a country named Agora that separated from the rest of the world and has lived and advanced by itself for 500 years. Now its citizens are becoming restless and wonder what the rest of the world is like. When the government denies them answers, a rebellion begins to break out, and with pressure and intrigue coming from the American media, Agora's stability can't last much longer, and its darkest secrets (rape, torture, mind control, inhumane experimentation) that have been shielded for so long are finally beginning to surface.

How about yours?

18. ThatCoopKid

I'd totally buy that book.

19. nebenebe

Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, North America, Earth
    I'm been "writing" a story for the past year now, It's mostly just on and off and it's mostly just for me, but I do let one of my friends read it and she critiques me. I don't even think I'm that good, my moods influence my style, and my moods are all over the place so, so is my writing style. :/

20. Fisnou

I wouldn't say I'm a writer - although I wish I was! - but I've written a couple of short cheesy stories. They're basically fantasies (yes, kinda erotic/romantic) written out for myself only! :icon_redf *cough*
    I once wrote some stories with a guy (who was a boyfriend at the time) where we would write one word each. It turned out into pretty crazy/funny stories. :icon_bigg