1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do all gay men/women go to gay pride parades?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BajanBoy13, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Of course not :king:.

2. I would love to go to one, but I haven't had the balls. I also don't know when or where they are, but I am a huge advocate of the cause, and I'm sure straight people go to them too

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to. There's an annual pride festival around here, but I'm not out and have no one to go with, so.. I'd just go by myself but I still only have a permit.

4. Aya McCabre

My country doesn't have any. That may change in the near future, but at the moment you have to go overseas to find one so most people don't or can't get there. Even if there was one here, we have real problems with the queer social scene being centered on one city. Outside of our two largest cities there is very little social life (though support is usually fairly good). Adding a pride parade in our biggest city would just be another thing that the rest of us can't afford to get to.

5. Bolin

No. I don't attend parades in general. Not my thing. Plus, massive amounts of people crowding around me outside annoys me to no end.

6. King

King Guest

I have no intention of ever going to one. I don't like how those types of parades flaunt being gay so much... They make it seem like a joke, when it reality it isn't much of anything. How would LGBT people feel if straight people went to the streets and had straight parades?
    It's just my opinion, but I don't agree with them...

7. Likely

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I so needed read this post. I'm not into the culture but my closest friends are.

8. No, because if I did it would mean that I would have to tell my parents, saving that for next month.

9. Suffocation

I don't. Primarily because I'm 13, and because I can't travel into the city without telling my parents, "Oh hey, I'm going to a gay pride parade somewhere in Manhattan."

10. SkyDiver

Not really my thang.

11. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I know all gay men and women don't go, for some of the reasons that people have described above.

I just went to my first gay pride this summer, and loved it. I love being around other people who are like me. I don't know many LGBT people, well out LGBT people and going there after coming out for the first time, was reassuring. I realized I'm not alone and that there are many more people who are just like me. :slight_smile:

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, everone must if you want your official gay membership card. Just kidding. Some do some don't. I haven't, but I'm not a fan of parades much anyway.

13. Lewis

Naah. I wouldn't bother - unless there was alcohol involved.

14. timo

No, I don't care about them.

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I haven't been to one yet but I would really like to someday. Too bad I have no one to go with

16. XMisery666

I went last year and loved it! I'm hoping to make it a tradition with a few of my close friends. <3

17. TheUndiscovered

I want to..Would be fun I think! Maybe I'd feel at home or maybe it'd be too much for me..I want to go alone, though. Have it be my own experience. My family might want go with me but I can already hear them sneering at the ones those people that dress odd for parade.

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Of course not, a lot of gay people have never been to a pride parade...though I would like to go to one at some point. I wish I had someone to go with though, I think it might be weird to just show up at one...

19. jsmurf

I was at the NYC gay pride parade (as a spectactor with my older brother and another traveling sojourner) during the summer of 2007. Of course, I was a deep closet case at the time, and as such wasn't really able to enjoy the experience.

20. I enjoy Pride but I have meet some LGBTQ people who don't like it.