Anyone here worn a chest binder?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by EmmettBlack, Mar 9, 2012.

1. EmmettBlack

Yeah I looked at the 983 as well - when the 988 I ordered gets here I'll tell you how it goes for comfort/compression if you still haven't decided :slight_smile:

2. seeksanctuary

FTM, and since I haven't had top surgery yet, I wear one regularly.

They're not comfortable, flat out. I hate wearing them. They are difficult for me to get on, they hurt after a while and they DO restrict movement/breathing. But they are better than having boobs sticking out. Depending on your age, binders can mess up your ribcage... hell, they can mess up your ribcage at any age, but it you're young, they can really do damage. So I've heard, anyhow; some FTM I knew had to stop wearing his because they were bending his ribs or some damn thing. :|

3. EmmettBlack

Thank you so much for posting, I was hoping to hear from someone who wears them quite often to get an opinion. I don't think I'd ever wear one daily myself, but it is handy to know the health implications of doing so (although I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort and your friend :frowning2: )

Is top surgery something that you'll be looking to in the near future?

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just ordered the 983!! Did it require your address when you guys ordered?? It did not for me and I want to make sure that that is normal.

5. DegrassiLover10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really want one. I've been bothering my mom about letting me buy one. I used to wear bandages around my chest. It's a really bad idea and I'd never suggest it for anyone. -.-

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this appears more for Transgendered men and women but I was curious, do you think it would work for a male who kinda has developed the whole...moobs thing? I am starting to go to the gym but when I'm out on the town honestly I'm subconscious because they still show sorta through my shirt (I'm not wearing tight shirts or see through). Like if I have my bag across my chest I have to place the strap over one of my pecs because otherwise it takes the shirt to my chest and makes them more pronounced and well...I don't really like it...

7. EmmettBlack

It asked me for my address details - But I'm from the merry old land of Oz so I don't know if it's different for orders that aren't international?

---------- Post added 21st Mar 2012 at 07:42 PM ----------

I was just recently talking with a guy who plays tennis at a professional level and he wears one for the exact same reason you want to, and he says it works a treat for him (he got one that just fitted the chest area not a full length, but said he couldn't wear it for any more than a couple of hours at a time or it got uncomfortable) Why don't you give it a try, I've got no idea how it will work for me but I'm just giving it a shot - It got shipped today so it should be here soon :slight_smile:

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any idea good places to buy them? Or is it in earlier in the thread or in one of the links Kara posted? :S

9. KaraBulut

The prices from the site that Maddy mentioned are among the best that I've seen.

Right now, there's a trend toward muscle-Ts, "slim fit" and "athletic fit" shirts. In response to this, a lot of the underwear manufacturers are making undershirts that have nylon, lycra or spandex in them.

It you look at most major department stores like Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom's, etc in the men's department, you'll see "compression" or "shape enhancers" or "body shaper" undershirts. They are about 2x the price of a regular undershirt.

Also, sites like Undergear will have them- both in undershirt and all-in-one options.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My binder is arriving tomorrow!! I got the address thing sorted out.

I won't actually be able to pick it up until sunday though... I sent it to my college mailbox so that my parents would not know about it.

11. EmmettBlack

Awesome!! Let me know how you go with it! :grin:

Mine's probably another week or so away - My housemates bring my mail in for me; they'll see who sent it and go nuts trying to figure out whats in there! XD (They're both guys and know what the deal is with me so it's not so bad lol)

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No problem!! Sounds like you have awesome housemates!!

13. EmmettBlack

Yeah they're pretty rad :slight_smile: one of them has just found out he likes wearing girls underwear sometimes; we're a pretty liberal and accepting household lol

14. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I picked my binder yesterday. So far I love it. It's not as constricting as I thought it would be. I can still take deep breaths and I can still move easily.

15. EmmettBlack

That's great to hear it's working for you! :grin: How long did you wear it for in one go?

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So far I've worn it for 4 hours in one go. I really didn't realize how long I had left it on for. I did that yesterday.

Today, I've worn it for about 2 hours. It really does not bother me that much.

17. EmmettBlack

I got mine yesterday in the mail too! Was *way* more comfortable than I expected it to be!

I put in on and then put a loose fitting guys shirt over top and looked in the mirror - Couldn't wipe the grin off my face the whole time I had it on :grin:

18. Gaasuba

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a binder for about a year now. It zips in the front so is easy to get in and out of. It works well but loosens after a day or two and has to be washed to tighten back up. It's kind of a hassle in that regard but much more comfortable and safe than ace bandages.

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was the same way. It was awesome!!

20. Pathew1989

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone. I have a chest binder and I use it often, not every day but often. They really seem to work on flatening the breasts. I have really large breasts so it's not going to be completely flat but I've been able to "pass" as a guy only due to almost nearing "no chest". I am a short "dude" (ftm) so it's not easy to pass most days. I have been binding since I was 15 or 16 so I think I might have lost some sensation in my breasts but then again I don't remember ever having sensation there to begin with?? Anywho, I like my chest binder. Just be careful with the sizing, don't wanna go too small for your health like breathing and what not but going to big might not be the best at the right flatness one is trying to achieve.

Everyone take care.