1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skyrim, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kitten, Feb 26, 2012.

1. adam88

Main quest!?! My most recent character's been traipsing from dungeon to dungeon, town to town, sidequest to sidequest, and still hasn't returned the Horn of Jurgen Windblower. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Or whatever his name is...

2. maverick

I keep trying to do the main "YOU ARE DRAGONBOOOOORN!" quest, and for some reason I always end up out in the boondocks stalking an elk or picking flowers and collecting butterflies.

WTF is wrong with me. Maybe I should change my archetype from "faux Viking battleaxe-wielding badass" to "easily distracted peasant hunter-gatherer".

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

That's the great thing about the game. You can plow right through the main quest, or just run around picking flowers and catching butterflies, and the game will be cool with it and give you something for your efforts. You can even just walk around and admire the scenery, occasionally fighting a dragon while doing so (I've spent time doing that when I didn't have enough time to play to do anything significant.) It won't try to coerce you into doing any one particular thing; it says, "You're an adult, you play this the way you want to."

4. maverick

Yeah, but what does that say about my character that there are harbingers of the end times flying around lighting villages up, I'm one of the only people that can stop them, and I spend the vast majority of my time scraping barnacles off the bottom of riverbeds and tanning hides.

What kind of hero does that!?!?

omg i'm not really a hero at all

5. adam88

I want to make some fanart of a badass warrior in Daedric armour prancing after butterflies... that would be quite funny I think. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I spend half an hour chasing bees two days ago so I certainly can see where you're coming from. :slight_smile:

6. cheshire

Out Status:
    Some people
    I spent most of my time picking flowers and discovering landmarks, I guess I have pretty much all locations showing up in my map xD

7. BudderMC

I usually keep running around Whiterun spamming Whirlwind Sprint ('cause I'm over-encumbered and selling stuff and too stubborn to drop things off first), so I can get 'letters from a friend' to go get more dragon words.

My goal of late is to try and get the house in Riften ('cause I LOVE Riften), but I can't seem to figure it out. And my housemates and I who play all made a pseudo-pact to not Google anything/use guides/etc. :frowning2:

8. cheshire

Out Status:
    Some people
    I could tell you how to get that house :rolle:

9. Owen

FYI, if you finish the quest The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller (it's an early part of the main questline), you can go right to High Hrothgar and ask Arngeir, the one who talks to you, if he knows the locations of any words. It's more reliable than waiting for letters.

This is one of my goals for my main character. Because forget saving the world or picking sides in the civil war; I want a map full of discovered locations!

10. BudderMC

...I'm reaaaaaally tempted. But no thanks. :frowning2:

Interesting. I shall check this out.

11. Kso1995

I was given an intervention to help wiht my skyrim addiction...

12. secretguyX

I've never played it, but my brother does all the time. But I probably would like it, I like Morrowwind and Oblivion!

13. ShayminFan37

So much fun! I've never played any other Elder Scrolls game though. I'm afraid I'll loose interest when I beat the main quest, so I've been doing the College and Thieve's Guild quests

14. shy

shy

Used to play it, though I had to stop myself due to lack of time and... well... uh... spiders. fortunately I managed to finish the mainquest.

15. Nero

yeah skyrim just dosent do it for me anymore i found it to suitable for the casual gamer rather than hardcore rpgs like morrowwind its a beautiful game but just to....relaxed

16. Owen

You think Skyrim is relaxed? I'd like to hear what you have to say about Fable.

17. Obsidian

Is there something wrong with me if I am level 45 after only having the game for a few weeks?

18. Shevanel

New Update is pretty sweet with all the new kill cams and stuff :slight_smile:

19. Of Mice and Men

Hell yeah to the bolded! *highfive*

I didn't really get that into it. It took too long to get interested and I got sidetracked by Skyward Sword.

20. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    YES! Skyrim <3

Ugh I'm so bad at it though...

:frowning2: I haven't completed ANY of the main questlines and I've had this game for sooo long already.

It's cause I'm too scared to go into dungeons by myself... I get so into the game and then I'm like aghh this is too scary, why am I subjecting myself to this torture?

But I still have fun :3 I like sneaking up to the guards in whiterun, casting fury on them and then turning invisible while Lydia slaughters them for me. Then I collect their clothes and sell them to the blacksmith and pretend I'm not a total loser.

I actually watch walkthroughs most of the time because it's somehow just as fun for me and the dungeons don't creep me out so much :/

Does anybody here watch trendkills videos?