1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Super Smash Bros Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Charni, Feb 16, 2012.

?

Favorite Super Smash Bros. Game

1. Super Smash Bros.

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee

16 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  1. Gerit

Brawl. Online is the most terrible experience with the Wii's internet capabilities, though.

Mainly because there weren't character clones; Ike (IKE IS SO HOT) was different from Marth, Luigi different from Mario, etc. The story mode was a plus, it was fun and actually took me more than an hour to go through.

The only thing I hate about it is that there really isn't any challenge to unlocking courses and new players. Marth gets unlocked after like 5 battles. Seriously? I remember in Melee that I was freaking out because of a 'Challenger Alert' when I had already played around 500 matches.

2. Andane

I think I'll also go with Brawl. They really did add a lot more to it. And considering how much I love Earthbound and the Mother series (and how Ness was my main in Melee), the addition of Lucas was just icing on the cake :grin:

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeed. I mean remember when to unlock Mewtwo you had to play for 20 hours straight? Or to unlock Mr. Game and Watch you had to like do Target Test with 24 characters? Or Falco was the 100-Man Melee. That was so difficult...but Brawl its like I think the only character that took "time" to unlock was finding all the trophies of the characters in Subspace after Tabuu took them out, and/or the characters you had to go through a special door like Wolf and Toon Link.

4. King

King Guest

Super Smash Bros.!!!
    I used to play with my siblings ALL the time when we were youngeer... I was always Pikachu :K

5. adam88

:confused:

With the exception of the slightly useless c-stick, the GC controllers were, in my opinion, the best and most comfortable controller of any console ever made.

And to answer your question: Melee or Brawl. Both are good. But with a GC controller!

6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I just recently bought a Gamecube since I sold my old one a few years back. Ordered Melee (my favorite)! I'm pumped!

Brawl is good, but much slower, and wtf? Sonic? Snake? Really? Just sad....I do like the bosses, though. Creative.

7. Waffles

MELEE. :grin:
    Don't get me wrong: I like Brawl, but Melee was my first GameCube game.
    Plus, Roy isn't in Brawl. TT^TT

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2012 at 12:01 PM ----------

I'll admit: Ike was hot, but he was MANLY hot. Roy, on the other hand, was SEXAH hot. XD 'nuff said. :3
    ---
    But whoever though that Pit is as hot as Roy... just no. NOTHING compares to the childish adorableness that is Roy. >w<

8. BudderMC

Well, at least when I'm playing with friends and there's 2 Wiimotes/Nunchucks and 2 GC controllers, there's one less person fighting over who gets the controllers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Vesper

I'm probably not in a good position to judge, seeing as Melee's the only one I own, and I've only played each of the other two for no more than an hour in total. Based on what I've seen so far, though, Brawl edges out Melee, a judgment based mostly on graphics and not gameplay (though it would seem that the gameplay in Brawl would suit me very well, given that I don't have the razor-sharp focus needed to become truly excellent at Melee).

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brawl, I use the pokemon trainer all the time and the story mode, super!!!!

11. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    BRAWL! :grin: I play Marth and he's so kickass :3 I think he's one of the best high tier characters. What like, third, fourth or fifth? My boyfriend plays Zelda really really well, he's the best player I know :slight_smile: I wish I could beat him without him going easy on me... Everytime I beat him I know it's cause he let me win D:

One thing I really like about brawl is how you can create tons of unique stages. I like creating really weird ones, with all the platforms being the falling boxes, or ones where the only way you can fly off the screen and die is through a narrow opening at the top. The latter is really fun to play with if you have the explosive items set on the high spawn rate.

#31 Abayomi, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  12. secretstache09

I love Brawl and Melee for different reasons. Melee is just awesome nostalgia for me, but Brawl is more fun to play imo. The only problem is I hate Samus in Brawl and she was my main and best character in Melee.

13. WookieCookie

I have to vote melee. I am not a big fan of the whole superpower that will probably kill you in one move in brawl. Also I had to use my wii control pad for brawl because I am not a big fan of playing fighting games with the wii mote. Melee had great characters too.

14. secretguyX

Melee by far. I don't find brawl as fun to play, although I haven't played it in quite a while. And I love the characters in melee.

15. Just Passing

I haven't played the original N64 game, but my favourite is Melee. Melee is a bit more fast paced and colourful, where as Brawl really slows things down and the colour palette looks oddly drab.

16. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    While Olimar is my favourite character, my favourite game would have to be Melee. Brawl is a little slow paced for me. Melee was also one of my first Gamecube games.

17. BornAnew

Melee!!

I'm not sure what it is about Brawl, but I just didn't enjoy it as much. I guess the reason might be that I was younger when Melee came out and it was the first smash bros game I played!

I love them all though!

18. Lord Phoenix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Melee because it has Roy in it!

(plus i do not "like Ike" and i agree with waffles completely)

#38 Lord Phoenix, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  19. HunterN95

Brawl :3 Also, Ike is way hotter than Roy!

20. Cascade

I'm just curious, but has anyone here tried or heard of Project M?

It's apparently a (legal) mod to Brawl to make it closer to Melee. It increases the speed, reintroduces wavedashes and all the old advanced techniques. It sounds like what Brawl should have been and I really want to try it out. Unfortunately I lack a USB to SD card adaptor so I can't yet.