1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you the only one in your family?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IanGallagher, Dec 23, 2011.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Yeah I'm the only one. I'm a loner in every since of the word now.

2. XMisery666

As far as I know...but my friend is also gay, another one is bi and they're like brothers.

3. biisme

So far, I seem to be.

4. Eric

My mom's cousin is gay. I've only actually met him a handful of times, though.

5. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My sister is a lesbian and I'm gay. And I know 2 other sets of brothers who are also gay. Crazy world.

6. Jessica816

So far I'm the only one, but I have a feeling a few others might be :slight_smile:

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my cousins is in a same-sex relationship. I don't know what label she would use to describe herself, but she's the only other family member I know who is in a same-sex relationship. :slight_smile:

8. WW215

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sadly I am the only Trans person in my family the rest of my family is completely straight. I have never had anyone to talk to about this and when I heard about this website I thought it was my chance to talk to a person like me. I questioned before I got to looking on the Internet if I was truly alone in this thinking so I was amazed and happy when I found somewhere I could be myself.

9. Hazel

My uncle was gay, but from what I hear and remember he was never really okay with himself. Different times, maybe, he was pretty old (he wasn't actually my uncle, but we called him that and I have no idea what he really was now).

Nobody exactly shunned him, but it was still viewed as a subject best politely avoided.

10. johny5000

I think I'm the only one, I know my cousin lives with a gay guy, and he is kind of like family now.

11. pianomike

As far as i know i have a few cousins who are gay. But that's it.

12. Noir

My mother is pretty sure her cousin is gay, but he's never said anything about it. All we know is that his mannerisms and speech kinda hint at it, he's never dated girls or been married, and he watches the PRIDE parade every year with his mother (she lives in an apartment that overlooks the street where the parade goes down).

Other than that, I really wish at least one of my relatives was at least bisexual so I wouldn't feel so out of place. I guess I'm the trend-setter? lol

13. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my uncles are gay, and everyone suspects that another one is too but he has a girlfriend.

14. Grey Knight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the only LGBT person in my family that I know of. I do not associate with my extended family, my immediate family and extended don't talk or really get a long. Immediate family knows I'm gay, my mother told me I have a cousin who is living with a guy and has been for a while and she thinks he could be gay, personally think he's just doing it because apartments are cheaper with roommates.

15. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

two of my sisters identify as bi, and I have my suspicions about a few of my family members.

16. Artemis

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought I was the only one until my little sister came home with some rainbow bracelets lol I am proud of her though, she is a lot braver than I was at her age. Since then I have actually felt more comfortable telling others about myself. I am not sure if that is because I am no longer the only one or that I want to show my sister that there is nothing to be afraid of, I am sure its a bit of both :icon_wink

17. SheWhoHasNoName

One of my friends has suspicions about my brother but I don't think so. Everyone on my moms side of the family are extremely homophobic. Maybe on my dads side of the family, but I almost never see them so I can't remember the extended family on his side. So, I guess I'm the only one.

18. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nope! On my dad's side, my great-uncle Charlie was gay, and my (half-)aunt is a lesbian. Good to know I'm not all alone, I guess. On my mom's side... there is one aunt, but my mom's side of the family is HUGE. My mom alone has nine siblings and, like, a seemingly endless amount of cousins. I have so many aunts and uncles and cousins and nieces and nephews, and I love them all so much, but I don't see them nearly often enough, so I don't really know. If you think about it, though, my dad's family is tiny compared to my mom's, and I can count two queers. There must be someone queer on my mom's side I don't know about. :wink: