1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans or butch?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by maverick, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Zeketra

Zeketra Guest

This is almost funny... These people know nothing about transgenderism, this is just the a loud and ignorent minority speaking dont let this sway your decision!

No, im not a person who cant accept my sexuality, I've got nothing against men aside from me being born with this body, I wish to be seen as female and treated as such, I dont fit in with the male crowd and i dont feel like i want to use what i have down below... just dosnt feel natural. Everyones experience with being a transman or transwoman is different... Just make sure your content with your decision, its quite difficault to reverse anything done, its scary of course, but if you truly feel like this will hang over you for the rest of your life and do nothing but make you feel depressed about what you are, then maybe you can make your decision based on that.

Regarding SRS, i think that decision should be left until later, its not for everyone. Whether you want to change whats down below or not i dont think it matters, alot of people reach a point (during hormones or after sugery) they are happy with what theyve achived and do no wish to take it further.

2. J Snow

Maverick, I'm going to apologize right off the bat. I just kind of jumped in here and read your original post since I don't really think I'll be able to give you any better advice then anyone else in here. I think I kind of have the same ones. I just want to see from what I've seen from you on this site I can tell you are strong and kind on the inside at least. What you look like on the outside shouldn't matter to anyone but you. If it does matter to someone, then they probably aren't worth it.

I know that probably wasn't helpful, but I'm sure things will make sense and work out =)

3. daedalus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First off, stop reading comments like that around the web because you're going to make yourself more confused and frustrated. Only you have the answers really.

You kind of answered your own question there. At first you seem to want an instant fix to match the fact you prefer being butch but then you don't seem to fully like the idea of switching when you think of the reality of it. I could be wrong and maybe am since I can't personally relate to your situation but if you really wanted to switch genders/truly unhappy with being a woman, wouldn't you eventually strive to do the surgeries and whatnot at all costs? I don't see anything wrong with having boobs and being butch or why looks have to match the gender you relate to.

What about doing a pros and cons list of both genders concerning which you'd prefer to have for physical features? If you have more pros for female, then there's your answer. If more for male, and truly because you want them physically and not because of the things you do and feel, then you need to think further into what you'd need to do in the future.