Christian News - Glee Is Desensitizing Our Kids To Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Noir

As far as I can tell, Glee is just a really really popular show that just about everyone at my school watches or at least knows about, even if they're not gay.

And kids should learn about things like this from somewhere--I didn't even know about gays until my freshman year of high school. If I did, it was little to nothing.

2. Emberstone

Glee speaks to kids, because it does not exclude anyone.

CBN only speaks to people who live their lives always looking for ways to exclude people.

of course, self-rightous but blatently immoral people like those who create CBN, are going to hate any show that teaches that 'all are valued and welcome'. They hate that message, even when it is the cornerstone of Jesus's entire ministry. Jesus, who preached love, compassion, humility, and humanity for all people, regardless of who or what they are, is the one kind of person CBN and Fundementalist christians hate above all other, for it does not fit their ideaology of ignorance, immorality, and hatred.

the Robertsons, Santorums, Falwells, Bachmanns, Palins, and the Hitlers of the world spend their lives professing that they are the moral compasses that all must follow, while demonizing the very thing they proclaim and hide behind, but do not have any true connection to, nor embody: Christanity.

Glee, ironicly, has more christanity than the entirty of the 'religious right', to which CBN is a cornerstone foundation of.

3. DarkClarity

But those people are trying to actively enforce their views on others. Disliking a TV show is one thing but these people are spreading hate and bull:***: around.

4. Sadepeura

I love the ending of that video. xD

Matt Philbin: "They're giving us what they see as the normal world."
    TV Lady: "-- As believers we certainly need to put a guard over our ears and our eyes and what we are letting into our homes and letting our families to see."

That's the best. :grin: It's like they're saying that homosexuality doesn't exist if they just close their eyes from it!

5. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

lol that's exactly what they're saying :lol:

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

And are we, the gay community, not trying to spread love and tolerance around? Because that message is just as abhorrent to them as their message is to us. Of, I would never say that the two messages are equal; far from it, I find their message just as disgusting as you. I'm just advocating trying to imagine how they see it, which can probably make our efforts as a community more effective.

7. DarkClarity

I see your point. For me I find it hard to be paitent or try to understand those kind of people. It's people like that who make me feel even more crap about myself and lower my faith in humanity.

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my, first cartoons and video games are desensitising our children to mindless violence now Glee is doing the same for homosexuality. What is the world coming to?!

9. Emberstone

omgawd... yogurt looks like manjizz... DONT LET YOUR KIDS EAT DANIMALS!!!!!!

10. maverick

Glee:
    [​IMG]

Christian News:
    [​IMG]

11. Emberstone

stupid CBN... thinking it is superior to eat clams on their bellies instead of useing a table!!! OUR ANSWER TO THE GREAT QUESTION IS THE ONLY TRUE ANSWER!!!!!

12. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't think of a better way to say this. My views exactly.

13. Emberstone

it reminds me of when they were attacking spongebob. Margret cho summed it up quite nicely:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTUAQ6ndk8A[/YOUTUBE]

14. RaeofLite

Glee helped my parents accept me when they didn't have more than two channels on tv and I grew up in a small town. So he can shut up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Emberstone

but what you said is one of the core reasons why fundie anti-jesus false-christians are so against glee... it is also why they are so against harry potter, which spoke out against intolerence and hatred, upon which christian news, AFA, WBC, FRC, NOM, and the rest of the ultra right wing fundementalist christian hate groups are dependent upon.

without hatred, intolerence, and ignorance, these right wing religious groups wouldnt exist.

16. Sadepeura

What does "right-wing Christian" mean? Is there such thing as "left-wing Christian"? What are they?

17. StarofMiyu

right-wing=conservative

left-wing=liberal

Right-wing goes with christian beliefs.

18. maverick

Speaking of Glee, anyone see last night's prom episode (Prom Queen)? OMG poor Kurt. O_O

19. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I saw it when it was originally shown (broadcast?) and my first thought, after wiping my eyes of course, was that when I have a boyfriend, I want to be able to do for him what Blaine did for Kurt, and vice-versa.

But back on topic: I wonder what the CBN, AFA, etc. are gonna think when they get to 'heaven' and not only is it unusually hot, but the guy who greets them has horns and a pitchfork...

20. maverick

If there are no LGBT people in heaven, I don't want to go there.