1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A toilet related question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Just Passing, Jul 21, 2011.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sit at night so I don't have to turn on the light, as some have mentioned. I just put the seat down before I go to bed so it's ready when I get up to go. Otherwise I stand.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't raise the seat before peeing standing up. That's just stupid not to.

On a related note, how does such a large amount of pee end up on the floor by urinals? I often see small puddles on the floor in the bathrooms at my office.

2. jll2755

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I stand all the time.

3. Katelynn

Honestly, Ive spent my entire life sitting to pee, so looking back, yet another sign I'm female inside. The only time I won't is the aforementioned pee on the toilet seat, unless theres time to clean it off, or I'm using a public restroom (I hope I'm not alone in saying that public men's rooms are disgusting, NOBODY ever seems to be able to aim) & there isn't a stall available or in a proper, useable condition. Otherwise, this girl pees sitting down!!!

4. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

If I also have to shit I'll just piss while I'm down there, but if it's just pee I stand.

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I stand.

6. Mad Man L

I stand, I only sit if I think I'm going to do "something else" as well. Even when it is night, I just do my best or wait until morning.

I will never ever sit down at a school toilet, unless it is one of those toilets nobody knows exists (i.e. it's clean). Yes, that includes when I really really need to do a #2. Because quite frankly, some men have disastrous aim.

7. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always pee sitting down. I can't really explain it, but the thought of doing it standing up is just really gross to me.
    Needless to say, I avoid urinals like the plague.

8. Veronica

This is a weird thread, but I'll play :slight_smile:

Public restrooms are usually disgusting. Especially men's. So there I stand. I used to clean toilets for a few months when I was studying. Women's restrooms are generally much cleaner. At least no one pees all over the floor. More men's restrooms need the "Just come closer, it's not as long as you think"-sign :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm obviously not bothered by the "omg sitting is for girls" thing, but what I do kinda depends. And to you girls, the benefit of male plumbing in this regard is only truly convenient when you're in a pub and need to pee often and fast. Also sitting supposedly gets the last bit out as opposed to standing, so sitting for guys is much more hygienic.

9. Enaithor

I only sit if I need to shit, or physically unable to stand, e.g. dizzy.

10. DarkClarity

I always sit down to pee or take a poop. It's only in public places where I stand up to pee. I only take a poop at home. If I'm somewhere else I'll hold it.

---------- Post added 4th Sep 2011 at 04:23 PM ----------

Apparently in Germany, men are encouraged to pee sitting down. I don't know how or why I know this, I know a lot of useless crap.

11. daedalus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol maybe where you were Women's restrooms were cleaner. I think it depends on the type of place it is. But most public or chain places, even back in high school, a lot of time it was pretty disgusting in there. You can have lets say 4-5 stalls and 3 of them will either have:

-a floating pad complete with what goes in it every month unflushed/smeared on the seat/ etc
    -paper towels
    -candy wrappers/chip bags
    -elementary school: I remember wads of wet soapy toilet paper EVERYWHERE...the walls, the ceiling, the stalls...

It rarely if ever happens in a small place where all women share one bathroom and they keep it nice to begin with.

12. Veronica

Well, granted, it was a church. And I cleaned the restrooms and the hall after the church-service, so yeah. Not many drunk people missing the toilet in general, and the women used the bins in the stalls as they were supposed to :slight_smile:

13. Noahroxursox

I stand almost all of the time, unless I have to take a dump, just because of convenience