1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what kinda car/truck you push'n?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theDunns, Mar 9, 2011.

1. xequar

Thank you! It's a great ride, too! Semi-custom build (frame was not custom-made) on a steel cyclocross frame, and BEFORE the UCI decided to allow disc-brakes in cyclocross racing (which means I'm ahead of the curve again!). Rides like a dream, handles great, and it's pretty damn fast when I've got the legs and the lungs to push it past 40 kmh on the flats just for the fun of it!

It's funny, actually. I live 12 miles from work by car (about 20 km), and my house is just off the same freeway that my work is off of. By bike, in order to dodge the freeways, my commute to work is 33 km. Where there's a will, there's a way, although doing an 80 minute 33 km commute one way isn't a great option for most (and I do it at most three times per week on a good week).

2. RedState

Well, a good way to get your cardio in!
    I don't think i would enjoy peddling that far in a suit and tie tho lol.
    I'll stick to my gas guzzler i guess lol.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i built mine out of junk =( literally built from pieces mostly salvaged from a garbage dump!

i've gone pretty goddamn fast on it though, haha... i'm not sure i should trust it as much as i do, it's already nearly killed me once when the front wheel broke loose while i was riding it through a road tunnel

4. theDunns

theDunns Guest

maybe ya'll should invest in one of those electric/pedal power'd bicycles them ones that are like part scooter wit a battery and its charged when u pedal. or better yet just get urself a motorcycle or dirt bike or one of them goofy mopeds i say goofy because i've ridden a honda atv and cruiser and there a pretty nice ride but then i tried this moped it the damn thing is so hard to steer its not even funny, i'll by a motorcycle but for i one of them

5. SlickyPants

[​IMG]

I ride a bicycle when there is no snow on the ground and usually take a bus in the winter. It usually isn't so fully loaded. That was a picture from a camping trip.

I have been thinking about getting a car one day (or year). I've been checking out the Prius and the Smart Four-Two, both fugly cars but good on gas.

6. theDunns

theDunns Guest

:eek: MY GOD! there is entirely too much stuff on that bike, i don't know how u get anywhere with all that stuff on it. u should get a motorcycle i thinking about getting one this summer or whenever the weather gets nicer i already went and got my license its just a matter a deciding on which one that and cost too

7. kettlkorn

My cousin is buying an F-350 pickup with a 460 engine in it. He says it gets 5 mph lol

8. theDunns

theDunns Guest

like the new F350? cause some of the older ones have a tendency to breakdown, is he getting the 350 super duty crew cab? cause in that case i would have to hate him, its a nice truck

9. starfish

When I moved a few years ago from Dallas to Austin I rented a U-Haul that had the 6.8L V10. Loaded with all my stuff and pulling my truck I got 8MPG.

This is when gas was about $4.50 a gallon. I spent about $120 on gas to drive 180 miles.

I really wish the US would get the new global Ford Ranger. With the 2.2L Diesel it should be good for about 30MPG. Much better than the 17 my current one gets. Plus I don't want to drive a full size truck.

When my truck finally kicks the buck I might get a mini van, but the fuel economy is not that great either.

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2011 at 05:08 PM ----------

Nah the 460 has be discontinued since 98.

10. kettlkorn

I believe it an '84 if I'm not mistaken. The guy he bought it from pulled out the other engine and put this 460 in it. It looks like it would break down in a heartbeat, but it is FAST!! HE beat my accord in that thing xDDD

Attached Files:

11. xequar

My '78 Lincoln has the 460 in it, and those old engines are pretty bulletproof, although they do run hot. In the Conti, we've gotten about 15 mpg at a steady 65ish mph with the wind at our backs, but in a big truck I'm sure that the aerodynamics push it down into the single digits pretty hard. If I put my foot into the gas in the Conti I can watch the gas gauge for the 24-gallon tank move as it accelerates.

Speaking of the car...

[​IMG]

12. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't even have a licence! Driving is too hard for me, I don't have the attention span to keep looking at the road.

13. James

Pictures are examples I used from Google.

1978 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

[​IMG]

2000 Cavalier Z24

[​IMG]

14. theDunns

theDunns Guest

its a nice looking truck, but fords really aren't my thing, and of course it beat your accord it has a 460 big block, hell my truck would beat his truck and your accord i got a merlin 540 big block i'm push'n 800 horse's sure it gets dick for mileage but i only drive it a couple months out of the year so i can live with it. and YOU

i want your lincoln, i love the older cars. i tried to get my hands on a 87 grand national once but got out bid'd

15. QuietDude

I know Americans won't agree but you have it seriously lucky on fuel prices.

The last time I filled up my car it was £1.33 a litre which is £6.07 a gallon which is about $9.70 a gallon.

16. xequar

Of course you got outbid on an '87 GN. EVERYONE and their sisters and dogs want a GN, especially the '87 since GM upped the HP/torques on it every year and '87 was the last year.

Speaking of my Lincoln, A) thank you! and B), a little more drool material...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. QuietDude

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2011 at 01:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR][​IMG]

Toyota Aygo, funky, good to drive, 66mpg and the lowest insurance group possible.

#57 QuietDude, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011