1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Brother is Fucking Insane

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beachboi92, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As the brother, it is your job to enforce your mothers orders to him. If he doesnt do them, grab him and either make him do them or lock him in a closet or something.
    Your mother wont like it, but thats just the way of things.

It may also be an idea to sit down with your mother when no one else is around and discuss the types of punishments for certain situations. One punishment should definately to be to take his Xbox away if he keeps making so much noise. Ensure that your mother understands that she should not be scared of him and that you will enforce the punishment if your brother tries to avoid it. Make sure your brother understands that there is a new regieme so he cant act like he didnt know the consiquences of his own actions.

If your brother does ANYTHING good, reward him immediately and make sure he knows what hes getting it for. "hey, I bought you this new game because I thought it was really nice the way you helped clean up after dinner".

It might also be an idea to get involved with him a bit more. "Can I play this game with you?" "Wanna come down the shops and get something with me?" etc. If he replies negatively, dont give up. Hes pushing you away, it is your job to pull him right back again.

IF none of this is workable, then, as far as I can see, all is lost.

#21 Moonstrike, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. maverick

I think your mom needs to eat the money it would cost for a replacement TV and take a baseball bat (or other large object) to the one you guys have while your brother is in the middle of a game.

I am being completely serious. It's her own property, so she can't get in trouble for breaking it, but it sends a very strong message. And if that happens and your brother gets mad/violent, a) Your mother has already acted more violently than his bluffs will ever go, and b) She's got a defensive weapon in-hand before he's even started his wind-up. If he went instead into the tantrum whining bit, she could use her newfound dominance to lay down the law.

To tame the crazy, you gotta bring the crazy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc[/YOUTUBE]

^ This is how I imagine your brother acting. XD

I also think your mom needs to get rid of that damned XBox. Yes really. Your brother is acting like a freaking addict. Cut the cord, man.

3. Beachboi92

dude its like that with more cursing and louder noises but no stripping xD

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since your mother thinks she's powerless, she IS powerless. Which is why I think her following your brother into therapy is a good idea.

That said, I think the most important thing here FOR YOU is to protect your own sanity. If that means leaving the house periodically (or often) when they start up, do so.

Lex