1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos - Attractive or Unattractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Moonstrike, Dec 4, 2010.

?

Tattoos?

1. They're amazing, I love them! YAY!

15.9%
  2. Largely attractive

22.7%
  3. Meh.

37.5%
  4. Largely unattractive

22.7%
  5. OH EM GEE, I HATE THEM! AND I HATE YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD YOU STOOPID NEWB! LOLROFLLMAO

1.1%
  1. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Came here to post this, Generally I find them unattractive (it's actually one of my few deal breakers, along with smoking and a few others) but if they must have something I make an exception for small meaningful ones.

2. Nodnarb

I almost always find them extremely unattractive. The times I do find them attractive are few and far between.

3. maverick

4. GhostDog

Basically, my thoughts boil down to, "good tattoo = attractive, bad tattoo = very, very unattractive".

I'm an art snob, not gonna lie. It's important to get tattoos perfect. Otherwise, well, you end up on Ugliest Tattoos. =P And I've had enough art training to spot when a forearm's too long or a head's too big or something just looks off, so a lot of tattoos just make me sigh. Getting bad art on your body just reflects bad judgment. So do neck/face tattoos, for that matter. Even if they're good. I've also never cared for tattoos on girls' chests. I've just never seen them look good there. =/

But if someone went to a good artist and really considered what they were getting, where, and why, then ohh god. <3 <3 <3 I think small, simple pieces are a lot easier to pull off in general, but if you do a big piece well, you earn badass points as well as sexy points.

I think little tattoos can be really cute. My roomie has a triforce on her ankle and it's adorable.

Big tattoos can go really wrong or really right. If you've got a huge wonky tattoo of zombie Daisy Duke, forget it. If you've got a masterfully done Mucha piece on your back, uh, then I pretty much need your number like right now, k?

#24 GhostDog, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  5. Darkwing65

The more tattoos the better.

6. Miss Modular

^ This. Also, never give yourself a tattoo. Those are the worst.

7. starfish

Tattoos really are not my cup of tea.

A couple of tattoos I'm ok with, but more that they are a turn off unless they they are really unique.

Though I have thought about getting the chinese symbol for soup of my ass. I gone pretty far for a joke before, but I'm not sure I am willing to go that far for a joke.

8. Charme

Charme Guest

Get the hammer & sickle with the anarchy one.

9. elitechris

it really depends where the tattoo is and what it is... and how it looks on the person :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Ralivar

I have issues with large tattoos, not a big fan of them, but if they are smaller ones, depending on what they are I do find them attractive.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find them unattractive. It's none of my business what other people do to their bodies, but I never plan to get one. (Also, I'm surprised at the number of people who voted that they don't like them - most people I know think they're wonderful and are absolutely incredulous at the fact that I don't desperately want one.)

12. ehurley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally LOVE tattoos and I am covered in them.... but, it depends on who is wearing what.

13. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

Tattoos are SAA hawt.

14. SolitaryKnight

Tattoos look amazing on some people. Some people have no taste and their tattoos can be quite ugly. I have three right now and will probably get at least one more. I have to laugh at some of the comments here about tattoos that are visible to everyone that they are doomed to never have a good job. Employers look at the person not the tattoo. I have one visible on my hand, its tasteful, and I continually get compliments from my superiors, from customers and coworkers. I have no fear that my future careers will be hindered due to visible tattoos.

Anyway, I think tattoos are an awesome way to express yourself, but just remember if you ever want to get one, they are permanent, its not something you want to regret.

15. mischa91

I think well thought out pieces can be very attractive. I personally like back pieces and half sleeves. They have to have some sort of theme and be well done otherwise they just look idiotic. I find tattoos on legs very unattractive for some reason.

my cousin has 6 tattoos, all small and in mostly well hidden places and i don't think hers are attractive at all. She has a rose on her hip that she got because she felt like it. A cartoon tiger which is just ugly and a few others that aren't great. the only tattoo of hers i like is a date she has on her wrist which is the date her younger brother found out he was cancer free.

I'd like a tattoo myself but until i have the money/draw up a design then i'll wait.

16. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I find tatoos on hips hot lol

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2010 at 05:00 PM ----------

I think you should get the zombie one :grin:
    You into all that stuff?

17. Paradox

I find them attractive. . .but I love originality, a tattoo should have meaning, I mean it's gonna be on your skin for your lifetime unless you have it removed.

I personally am planning to have a pattern of symbols representing various trials I have had in my life drawn down my back as soon as I can find a good enough artist to do it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Thing

I really like them, if they aren't too huge (I hate them if they cover the whole arm, for example) but yeah, normally pretty hot if it's a good design.

Thing
    (*hug*)

19. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Cool, yeah both my tatoos represent who I am

20. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I say depends on what type and on who.