1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate this body

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wallrose, Nov 28, 2010.

1. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I realised what the problem has been, these past few days. I fiddled around with some ideas in my head. I figure I have lots of problems that arent easily solved, but the worst one I have is that my body doesnt match my personality, or my mind. To such an extent that its practically a polar opposite.
    I thought it was a gender thing, maybe it is a little bit, but its moreso just the body, not the gender of the body. It goes beyond just my body image too, I dont like my body, I dont like how it looks, but more than that, it isnt my body.
    I really hate it, its big, its heavy, its hairy, and thats just not me. In mind, I've always seen myself as a smaller person, Im short enough as is, but just a lighter person. And all the hair, its horrible. The other day I noticed I was getting hairy on my lower back, and I nearly screamed. My legs are like a forest, my stomach looks like a furby, and the less said about my pubic hair, the better. I even have hair in places I didnt think humans could grow hair. I never knew it was an evolutionary advantage to have a chia pet growing out of my arse crack. Its horrible, embarassing, and I hate it.
    My frame is too big aswell, my shoulders are broad, my face is too wide, and my hips span miles.
    I dont know if this is a valid problem, it seems like a silly thing to worry about. Its not like I was born with the wrong gender or anything, but it feels like that. It feels like Im in the wrong body, it really doesnt match up with the rest of me. I also wonder if anyone else has this problem, its seems like its just me worrying over nothing.
    I dont know, I guess I just needed to get some stuff out of my head and onto paper (or a computer screen), but if I do get some feedback, of some sort (I really dont know what Im looking for) that would be great.
    Anyway, thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings, fellow feral man. :slight_smile: I've stopped saying I'm hairy. I'm downright furry. I've said that I can walk into a furry convention butt naked, and everybody would just assume I'm wearing a fursuit. I've got hair everywhere you mentioned, and even places you didn't. (On my toes? You betcha.)

I guess the difference is that I'm cool with it. I know other people have issues with it. When I take my shirt off at the beach, I get looks. Some ask pointblank why I don't "manscape". For the last several years, all of the models in gay publications look like they've never had a single hair grown beneath their neck in their lives. But you know what? That's them. I like the way I am. It's different. Some find it weird, but I think it's cool. And I've found many others (including my partner) who share that outlook. :slight_smile:

And that extends to the rest of it, too. I didn't ask to be on the chunky side, or the world's biggest klutz. But here I be, overweight and ready to knock over anything in my path (or to the side). And again, it's simply something I've grown accustomed to. That's what makes Lex Lex. And I'm cool with it.

I don't want to push your concerns aside here. I don't want to lay down a "get used to it, bucko" edict here. But before thinking about what comes next, it might behoove you to think about if it IS something you can come to grips with. That doesn't necessarily mean simply sucking it up. It might mean learning to manscape. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Beertruck

Hey, awesome, another person with hobbit feet!

I'm in the awkwardly-sized and hairy camp and in all honesty, I used to have some body issues too. It's shocking when you're going through the process - hell, you've been another body type your entire life, and this is a permanent change you're plainly not comfortable with. It's something that, like your sexuality, hopefully you'll accept as part of you.

Pretty much everything Lex said, except he said it better.

4. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess that helps, but its less of a 'I hate my body, its so gross', and more of 'my body isnt right'. If that makes sense. I dont look like this, my body does. Its not only the hair either, I am built like a cinderblock. My bones alone have their own gravitational field. But I dunno, maybe its just me taking my body image over the top.
    Manscaping, I dunno if thats possible for me. Some of this hair...I dont think it actually exists in this physical plane. Hmm, what do you call manscaping on Endor? The one place that annoys me, and even scares me, the most is my, uh, Furry Canyon...I dont want a future boyfriend/lover to have to take to me with a lawnmower just to get in. But, one good thing; its all a very light shade of blonde-orange, so it isnt too visible. Oh, and yeah, I got hairy toes, fingers, I swear even my ears are starting to look a little fuzzy. I cant wear band-aids ANYWHERE without giving myself an accidental wax.
    Who knows, maybe one day I will get used to it, or dare I say, enjoy it. Maybe I could start a convention for constumes made out of 'man made' materials. Ill definitely take what you have told me into consideration.

5. Beertruck

Well, I think most people have a mental image of themselves that's more ideal and then what they actually look like. I tend to be a bit heavier in the real world than how I think of myself. Perhaps its something similar to that?

6. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I dont know. I dont really know how to describe it. It just goes beyond disliking being hairy, heavy and thick. I feel like I shouldnt be hairy, heavy and thick. Like my body, in almost every way, opposes who I am.

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

In the process of helping Wallrose, you have helped me as well too. Thank you Lex <3

8. vrocotamy

Chicago, IL/Vienna, Austria/North Jersey, NJ
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uh, about the anal hair, it's entirely possible to shave that too and relatively easy. Just use a mirror and shave out with a fresh razor. I definitely felt a bit odd when I was around your age and started growing hair in all the places you describe, being of Mediterranean heritage. It doesn't solve the mental image of what your body should be to "manscape", but it does alleviate the issue of dealing with it so often. I man-scape several times a week, again, in all the places you mentioned, and it's time-consuming, but worth it for comfort and other reasons. Part of it for me is that the "boyish", hairless image fits well with my height.

9. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I totally agree with this person. More power to Lex because in my mind he is brave for being who he is. Me personally, I am not and would rather "blend" and I like myself a lot better when I do. I WOULD be hairy if I didn't take care of it. I had bushy as hell eyebrows, legs so hairy I could be half dog, and yea my ass as embarrassing as that is to say. So one day I just looked in the mirror and decided I wanted to change my look. So i shaved and plucked everything, and now I feel more "clean". I know you said your problems go deeper then just hair, but dont let problems that are so easily solved bother you. It even grows back if you change your mind =)

Fox

10. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I like to get into an empty tub with the shower hose, and shave my anal by having my legs spread because it is easier, you can get all the area and it is quicker, especially after doing the legs smooth. Bad thing is, I need someone to always do my back hair. I hate any hair on my body except on my eye brows and head.

11. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah same i hate body hair and the awful constant painstaking effort it takes to maintain it. Pubic hair and butt hair (anal hair) are the worst, public hair trimming is painstaking and requires the grace of a ballerina, balance of a gymnast and the dexterity of a well trained monkey. Sometimes i just hate nature and evolution.

12. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You could try contouring your face with makeup if you don't like the shape you have.

13. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you tried laser hair removal? it prevents hair from growing back again at certain places.
    However, you shouldn't feel awkward about hair growing down behind, Most of non asian men have that, it's normal and you can take it off if you want to.
    Like seriously, hair is no big deal , it's 2015.

About your body structure, there's no such thing as "wide bones" , that's a myth. all that is simply your muscles , so you could pay attention to what you're eating , you should know that at your age you shouldn't actually be consuming dairy products , early humans never consumed milk after the breastfeeding stage , unless you want to get even wider lol.

Hope that helps :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: