1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegatarianism

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kizza111, May 5, 2010.

?

Are you a vegetarian?

1. Yep.

22 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. Nope.

39 vote(s)
    47.0%
  3. Yes, with exceptions.

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. No, with exceptions.

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. TyPod

I've been a vegetarian for just over year (with about 2 exception - not on purpose) and it gets really easy after the first month. I love quorn, it tastes better and I think it's cheaper. Although if you get it then don't cook if for as long as it says on the packet - it will go solid like a brick.

2. titaniumCloset

Men were made to eat meat and be bad ass, please don't ruin this by being a vegetarian. There are no benefits unless you want to be skinny and frail.

3. Emberstone

...and have watery bowel movements as your body rejects all the fiber...

4. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was a vegetarian for years until recently and it never really did me any harm til my eczema kicked in again. A lot of the food is reeeeally good too! Only reason I went back to meat was because dairy was flaring my eczema up so I've had to limit that to VERY much in moderation, I didn't think I was getting enough nutrients for myself with me being anemic so I started meat again to get more iron [I didn't bother with vitamin suppliments to do it cause I'm awful at remembering to take them.] Generally if you're healthy enough though I don't think it's a bad thing. My main advice to you personally, would be to ease yourself into it, don't just cut out meat straight of, cut things like beef out, then pork, then chicken, then fish [not necissarily in that order but you get the idea] til you're used to having less meat in your system. xxx

5. Amy

Amy

I'm what some call a flexitarian. I only eat certain meats and I only eat it a few times a week.
    I don't believe in animal abuse and the happiest I've ever been was when I went veg for about two months.
    But, a lot of that time was spent at a liberal arts college where the caf serves vegetarian and vegan food for every meal.
    When I came home, it was very difficult. My family eats out a lot and there isn't a single exclusively veg restaurant in my city. When school started again, it became really difficult to cook my own food every night.

You mentioned that you would miss Indian food and barbecued foods.
    A lot of Indian food is vegetarian and some is even vegan. Try getting the veggie samosas, not the lamb. Get veggie pakora or curry.
    When at a barbecue, you can have veggie burgers or dogs.

Your grocery store should have a lot of veg foods in the frozen section. Try brands like Amy's (I suggest the cheese tortellini in pesto) or Morningstar Farms (their buffalo wings are a must). A lot of other brands sell veg dinners.

Protein-rich foods taste very good, but only if cooked correctly. A piece of tofu isn't going to taste very good if you just cook it without anything else. You have to cook it with something, just like meat.

I would also suggest a supplement with iron, even if you aren't going totally veg.

6. marvin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    In the word of Bill Bailey, "I'm a post-modern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically".

7. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Thank goodness I'm a woman! :icon_bigg

8. theJosephDean

lolololol. Men were also made to fuck pussy and procreate, but I can't say the same for over half this forum. :lol:

9. Markio

I said "no, with exceptions." Because I'm not a vegetarian, but I will eat meals without meat sometimes.

I can't eat dairy products or things with yeast, because I would get horrible acne as a result. So people always thing I'm vegan. And I'm like no, I eat fish and poultry...