Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Étoile

Agreed. At least Bad Romance and Telephone was visually stimulating enought to hold your interest.

LG (because it's weird calling you Lady Gaga LOL) there's no need for the passive-aggressiveness. I thought Bad Romance was her fear of love.

Everyone and their grandma knows Gaga's a sexual woman, but she shouldn't say that she's going to praise the gay community when all she's doing is affirming the negative stereotypes. She also said in the 2-hour interview that she doesn't like violence but clearly she has riots and chaos going on in Alejandro (the scenes with the fire in the background).

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

How are they nazi styled? I thought the wigs were bad too. XD More like..70s hair to me..

Guys are wearing fishnet stockings and so on because she endorses androgyny. She likes to blur the line between the sexes. That is the same reason she appears masculine in parts of the video. She is obsessed with auto-destruction in her videos because she is in real life.

She has the riots in the background because she is trying to show the hate towards gay people. That is what I get from it.

And I don't think she was affirming a negative stereotype, now it does seem that way, but you have to look at it from another view. I think she's just trying to portray gay love, and having just two men holding hands in the video and nothing else..is just boring. XD This is all how I interpreted it, and in the past when she explained it I am usually right..I'm not trying to be smug..D:

Either that, or I am just in denial. XD

I like the video. It's very artistic in my opinion.

Edit: Bad Romance is about loving someone entirely. Their good side, and their bad side.

#422 Lady Gaga, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
  3. mydogstewie

Honestly, it was a little boring. I liked how the topic was serious though. Anyways yeah, I think it portrayed gay love as exciting and I agree, the riots in the background represent the hate. is it me, or did anyone else see the nazi armbands?

4. Étoile

^Everything doesn't always have to be about sex. Romance and PDA, not sex, can be beautiful and captivating. I'd of rather the guys be sitting on benches cuddling and showing each other affection than the bizarre love-hate-throw to the ground thing she had going on.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I don't like the video at all. And I like almost every video she's put out there.

6. secret garden

At least we agree on the bad hair, LOL! :grin:
    To be honest Alejandro is not my fav Gaga song so I don't really care that much, but was hoping the video will save the situation. It should have been at the beach with hot latino guys or something like that, but I guess that was out of the question 'cause it's expected, no?

7. Étoile

^I thought the same thing. I don't like the song, so I was really hoping the video saved it.

If she wanted to be sexy and slutty, she should have gone with either secret garden's idea or mine's. Why would you pass up the excuse to have sexy Latino men in speedos on the beach or flamenco or salsa dancing for this?

8. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

^ Because that wouldn't give out as strong as a message. All people would see is nearly naked 'gay' men at a beach.

I think it was just you, I rewatched it and saw nothing. Where did you see them at?

Also, I don't like the song either. I love the video though..

9. mydogstewie

at 3:22 there is a guy to the right of the frame with a red band on his arm like a nazi

10. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

A nazi arm band is completely black, with a white circle outlined in red with the swastika inside.

I'm a nerd. So..that's why I know that..lol

It seems the artistic people love Alejandro, but the more realistic don't.

Edit: Oh wait. I was confusing that with something else. The nazi arm band is red. *looks at the video*

#430 Lady Gaga, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
  11. Étoile

I seriously doubt the general population gets this message.

12. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

What message? I didn't say anything about a message in that post.

13. frostreaver

The video was too long. I hope she doesn't keep doing these 8 min videos. She should've cut all the parts with her rolling in bed with the guys and maybe the black and white scene too.

I like the color and tone of the video though and those men dancing in the leather uniforms = sex.

14. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The guy with the red armband seems to be a guard watching the man who appears to be a prisoner. Maybe showing how the Nazis (or society in general) looks at homosexuality?
    Who cares about length? You have time.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I'm the opposite, I loved the song from when I bought the CD but the video is just eh to me.

16. Étoile

You said gay Latino men in speedos on the beach wouldn't give as strong of a message. I'm saying that the general pop. probably doesn't understand whatever message Gaga is trying to convey in Alejandro.

17. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Oh okay, I get it now. lol

That's because most people are realistic, not artistic. It seems that the artistic people like the video and the realistic people don't. Speaking generally.

18. Étoile

I hope Dance in the Dark or Monster's (whichever's gonna be her 4th single) gonna be catered to her realistic fans. I don't think I can take another video like this. LOL

19. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Is she releasing a fourth single?

Oh god I hope it's Dance in the Dark! PLEASE!

I love Dance in the Dark and Monster! <333 I love them so much! Oh my god! <3

You have no idea..they're both some of my favorite songs of all time. Not because they're by Gaga, but because of their message and how they sound..mmm..i love it. I'd tap them both if they were people.

20. secret garden

I like to think of myself as an artistic person and I appreciate what Gaga is doing, I get the video, but it's just not my cup of tea.