Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pepsi, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Étoile

^XD She is definately smoking/snorting/shooting/inhaling something.

I wonder if Gaga still does drugs? She used to do cocaine and acid, which is probably why she sounds so odd and on a trip all the time. She said her father saved her from that life but I have my doubts she 100% clean.

2. Tori was doing hallucinogenic drugs during that time (from South America i believe), and probably smoking pot too.

And i don't think thats why Gaga sounds the way she does though, what she is high off of is a whole lotta pretentious thinking xD

I'm sorry, i really like her, but c'mon girl, you write pop songs. Your a pop artist (i'm sorry, performance artist) and you do some really creative shit, but anyone who sights Andy Warhol as a major influence is at least little pretentious. Even people i love like David Lachapelle and Tori Amos, i can admit that they are pretentious sometimes. But sometimes they say very profound, smart things (like Gaga) but not ALWAYS lol

3. Étoile

Do y'all believe in the Illuminati speculation? Gaga does use their symbols in nearly all her videos. I wonder if she's a follower/recruiter, trying to warn us, or just poking fun at the whole thing?

4. i have no idea what your talking about xD but perhaps she does.

5. Étoile

Vigilant Citizen's Breakdown of Telephone:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3423

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWiHOH8MWl0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA4GeJYDdz8[/YOUTUBE]

6. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I just finished buying AMAZING tickets to see Gaga in Dallas! Can't waaaaaaaait! :grin:

7. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I just lost all respect for M.I.A. She has no idea what it is she is saying and is clearly bashing on Gaga because she knows she'll get more attention that way. Just a bitch move really.

8. mm91

Honestly, before I read the article I put some thought into that quote............then I opened it and saw, "...Lady Gaga...", "...Again, there's Lady Gaga....", and "...Haus of Gaga...".

Of course, it could just be edited together this way.....BUT if this was what came straight out of her mouth, I'd have to find this kind of bologna.

As far as Gaga is concerned.....I think the true test of her artistic ability will be in her next album. If her stuff still sounds the same, well then I would quit giving her as much credit as I do. I think she is very inventive and I like the message she is putting out there (or maybe what I think she's putting out there).

I really dislike when any talented artist is compared to Madonna though. *cringes* Yuk.

9. Beachboi92

i love how they call Gaga's stuff bland and the same. I mean honestly if you listen to the music she does so many things with it that you really have to listen to hear. Her first album was on the same sort of note dealing with the fame, but there was some good variation in it and all around was a well put together album. If people want to bash it i can understand the argument although i wouldn't agree. However with the release of the Fame Monster there is no way you can call Gaga's music unoriginal or the same. There is so much influence, and so many differences in the songs.

As for M.I.A. the bitch needs to get over herself..... 1)i call publicity stunt (which Gaga will be to classy to even bother responding to lol) and 2) Gaga has never lied about being heavily influenced by other artists and art and fashion etc etc. I mean really original doesn't exist today most of it is influenced some way or another, we are the product of the environment we are raised in it that respect, however that hasn't stopped Gaga from taking an influence and completely reworking it to a point where it is completely different, innovative, creative, and just generally epic while still keeping the influence recognizable.

in addition Gaga fo sho is really as weird as she looks, like legitimately crazy and i fucking love her for it because she is still genius. Also M.I.A. really strikes me as one of those people that loves to try and speak on cultural, political, and social issues without actually knowing anything about it..... I mean the women does think Srilanka is trying to attack her and her child...

10. frostreaver

I don't hear anyone calling Christina Aguilera original even though all her 3 albums sound very different. Sometimes, you gotta stick to what works for you.

11. Beachboi92

well honestly anyone who would call the songs from The Fame the same as the new ones on The Fame: Monster clearly missed the memo. Last time i checked those album's songs are completely different (which was today when i listened to them all for like the 90th time). I mean she even has a new face to go with The Fame: Monster (i love Gaga but I preferred her innocent natural face to her new High fashion one, although i understand why she would have gotten plastic surgery with all the bashes on her looks and such). I have no doubt Gaga will find a new influence and create another great album, i was worried with the Fame: Monster but i think that one set her up to be confidently regarded as a successful artist that will be around a long time. It will be like Bono if he never wore pants and had a vagaygay.(!)(!)(!)

12. mm91

Yeahhh. I like Christina, but I just think musically, there is a big difference between the two. But I think Christian is very much her own artist. I could easily tell the difference between a Britney or a Christina song. I could easily tell the difference between her stuff when she first started to now. She has a voice that is all her own, so in some respect I would say she was original.

But I think of Gaga being original because I think she has kind of changed our (or at least a lot of people's) idea of what pop is. She carries (or at least says she does) an artistic message.....one that mimic's Andy Warhol's obsession with Hollywood. Which I believe to be completely relevant in a time when so many people are so consumed with fame.

Yeahh. I'm just rambling now so I'll quit :lol:

13. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Alejandro has been released as her new single, how long do you think it will be before its her 7th number one?

14. WOO!!! (!)
    Did you get seats or general admission?

As per Pepsi's question, I don't seem to understand you but I see Alejandro going #1 on Pop Radio. I don't see her reign at snatching those #1's stopping anytime soon. As long as the music is catchy and somewhat relatable she'll remain on top.

15. Eponine

16. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Got great seats. Section 120 (just left of stage) lower rows. :grin:

17. Beachboi92

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone