Cool quotes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by prismaticlight, Jan 25, 2010.

1. I like looking up different quotes and sharing them. The threads I found relating to this are old so I thought I would create a new thread. I welcome you all to share quotes you enjoy. Here is one I like.

It doesn't seem to me that this fantastically marvelous universe, this tremendous range of time and space and different kinds of animals, and all the different planets, and all these atoms with all their motions, and so on, all this complicated thing can merely be a stage so that God can watch human beings struggle for good and evil — which is the view that religion has. The stage is too big for the drama. - Richard Feynman

2. Shevanel

Fuck. Yeah. xD

3. +1:thumbsup::eusa_clap

----------

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."

Kevin Smith FTW!

4. I have a thing for Feynman so here is another.

You say you are a nameless man. You are not to your wife and to your child. You will not long remain so to your immediate colleagues if you can answer their simple questions when they come into your office. You are not nameless to me. Do not remain nameless to yourself — it is too sad a way to be. Know your place in the world and evaluate yourself fairly, not in terms of the naïve ideals of your own youth, nor in terms of what you erroneously imagine your teacher's ideals are. - Richard Feynman

5. Connor22

I have a good one:

"If your friend is already dead and being eaten by the vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him some tricks. But ONLY if you're serious about adopting the vulture"

6. Shevanel

"I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD" (100 pts to the person who gets this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

'Saved!' ??

8. Shevanel

noooooooooooo v_v

9. Too easy Joey

BRAINDEAD!!!!!! gorehounds delight:icon_bigg

10. Sylver

"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey." - Unknown

11. Techcompu2

"Green and steady, passage ready. Red and blinky, conditions stinky."- Zigel

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig

"Relationships are like yard sales. they look really fun from 100' away. Eventually you realize it is just a bunch of crap you don't need" Christian Finnegan

"1000 sticks of dynamite sitting on a wall
    1000 sticks of dynamite sitting on a wall
    And if one stick of dynamite should accidentally fall...
    There'll be no sticks of dynamite and no f**king wall " Unknown

"C'mon, Cody. You're acting like an angry evil mutated chipmunk that just had it's sword stolen." Unknown

"If a fudpucker could puck fud, how much fud could a fudpucker puck if a fudpucker could puck fud." Unknown

:icon_bigg these are my favs

12. Mickey

I know many of you have read this,but I'll write it again,for those who haven't.

Those that are different,change the world.
    Those that are the same,keep it that way.

13. "Do you find me sadistic? You know, I bet I could fry an egg on your head right now, if I wanted to. You know, Kiddo, I'd like to believe that you're aware enough even now to know that there's nothing sadistic in my actions. Well, maybe towards those other... jokers, but not you. No Kiddo, at this moment, this is me at my most...masochistic...." *bang*

14. lostinthought9

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

"Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in, and when you stumble, keep faith; and when you're knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can't or shouldn't go on." -Hillary Clinton

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."
    -Pablo Picasso

15. runner246

runner246 Guest

Look at my sig! plus of course these ones:

"To do is to be"
    -- Socrates

"To be is to do"
    -- Sartre

"So do be do be do"
    -- Frank Sinatra

16. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

"There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell."
    ~C. S. Lewis

17. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

"The unexamined life is not worth living for a human being."
    -Socrates

"WoW [World of Warcraft] is not an escape from life, it is a reflection of it. It is a journey we walk with our friends, and a memory we carry with us when we log out and come back to the real world. Make it something that you can remember with a smile, not because you played a game, but because you played it with fun, beauty, and kindness for everyone who played along with you. Any hobby you have can [be,] and should be, part of a life worth living."
    -David Bowers of WoW.com, [link]

From Fight Club:

Tyler Durden: Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Tyler Durden: The things you own end up owning you.

18. i need help

this is the quote at the beginning of stepbrothers

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream"
    *george bush"

not as much as it is...wow...

19. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I collect quotes myself, so I have several I'd love to share:

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." ~ Chuck Palahniuk

“Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending.” ~ Jim Henson

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." ~ William Shakespeare

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~ G.K. Chesterton

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face; you must do the thing you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellect." ~ Oscar Wilde

“Life itself is the proper binge.” ~ Julia Child

"It's not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it." ~ John Wooden

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or the others crazy?" ~ Albert Einstein

"The Hokey Pokey. Think about it. At the end of the song, what do we learn? What is it all about? You put your whole self in!" ~ Martin de Maat

"You know what intimacy is? It's into-me-you-see." ~ Martin de Maat

"No one will ever follow you down the street if you're carrying a banner that says, 'Onward toward mediocrity.'" ~ Martin de Maat

"...and there's your laugh." ~ Martin de Maat

“I think that failure by your own standards is certainly a form of success.” ~ Bonnie Hunt

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
    ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." ~T.E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)

20. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_clap

----------

The soul is a flame to be kindled, not an empty vesicle to be filled.

one of my favs!