1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who hates New Years Eve?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dude99, Dec 29, 2009.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Got to say I not looking forward to it. I have no plans and dont want to go to to see the fireworks or go out and party at the bars and clubs there as the cost then is very expensive.

I have no reason to celebrate the new year or get waisted. To me its just another day and night.

2. EM68

I'm not a fan either. My bf and I are working early on New Years Day so we might not even get a chance to see each other on New Years Eve. The last few years I've not even made it to midnight. :lol:

3. starfish

New years eve is a non event for me also.

My opinion is that it is an arbitrary mile marker of an arbitrary metric. So there is nothing special there. Really why would a big party on on 31 Dec be any different than a big party on say 27 Mar.

#3 starfish, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's nothing special to me either.

5. justinishere

I just like to think of it as starting fresh :slight_smile: Means that all the bad things that happened are in the past and I can move on to look for new things in life. NYE wise just like to stay in cook appetizers, watch movies, pj's, strawberry daiquiris, watch the Dick Clark special, and watch the ball drop :slight_smile: Like a down low fun

6. musican

As with most holidays, I usually get excited for them because of the food xD I also liek that my dad's friends have a game day around New Years and it's fun to see them and play games. I hated New Years last year because I felt so alone and blah. Then Taylor Swift had to be on the New Years special and sing Love Story and make me feel even worse... :dry:

This year, my friend is throwing a party which I think will be fun. I'm also glad for this year because I mentioned how I have nobody to kiss this year (again) and two of my friends decided that they each get a to kiss a cheek, lol.

7. justinishere

Haha that was me last year too! But you have to admit she is amazing :slight_smile:

8. x2x2x2x2y2

No plans. Just another night full of video games, tv, music, and boredom. Oh joy.

9. flymetothemoon

I don't really enjoy the going out to the bars or clubs party it up scene for new years, I actually go to the same family party every year. It's a much nicer way to celebrate the new year. So, I don't hate it, but I don't think I would do anything for it if my only option was the bars or clubs...

10. ColdSnap

new years is my favourite night of the year, all your friends, loads of booze and other such things to have fun, and nothing to do the next day :grin: can't wait :slight_smile:

11. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

This years ones gonna be loanly. oh well! Sure im going to a party where none will give a crap im there. Might as well drink my self silly and forget about it. =/

12. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Hate it. Well, not hate, but I'm completely indifferent to it, and I tend to get wound up by people giving me a hard time about not wanting to do anything. Fortunately, I'm working NYE, which is the only night of the year where my bar isn't half-dead, so I'll be earning a bit extra and actually be worthwhile going to work.

13. riddlerno1

I love NYE!! I am going to a james bond ball. Usually i go out to just the usual bars and clubs bt this year i thought i would do something different. I hope i dont regret that as it wasnt cheap tickets either!

14. Apocalypte

I don't really care about it. This year, I'm having movie night with my best friend and his boyfriend - we're watching 300, then a load of Tarantino movies, and cooking homemade pizza and other tasty food :slight_smile:

15. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd appreciate it more if I had someone to kiss at midnight.

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just another night. Just an excuse for people to get drunk and kill lots of people in accidents due to it.

17. Just Adam

its the same as any other time cold and alone...i dunno if ill be going out yet... would liek to make the effort.

18. Mickey

I'm too damn old for the clubs! I used to go out on NYE,but now I'm not really crazy about that idea. My kids ( actually my exes kids) invited me over to their house. I just might go,depends on how I'm feeling. They're fun to be around. That's about it.

19. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    New Year's Eve is an excuse to get drunk and make promises you won't keep.

20. Khobra

Khobra Guest

Basically.
    That's why I like it.
    haha

and the fact that this is the first time I'm going to the city's Castro and partyy it up! (!) hellz to the yes